Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 274 Posts
Someone told me once that good things come to those who wait. They just failed to mention how long the wait is

Hey guys got a couple of things to report. Sadly driving the SRT8 to a friend in New Mexico this week. It will have a happier life there. Warm and long open roads.

Got a VIN for the HC. I have had it since mid Jan. They missed the initial projected dates once now. But at least I think I am getting one...... sometime.

Patrick, are they telling you anything??

It was cold, windy and snowing heavily here in Ottawa today.

Perfect weather for a Hellcat (that is - if mine ever gets built & delivered)!

Well, it could be worse. Imagine the suffering you would be going through without it if the weather was nice :)

Someone told me once that good things come to those who wait. They just failed to mention how long the wait is

My wife, and several girls I dated said that to me! LOL

Hey guys got a couple of things to report. Sadly driving the SRT8 to a friend in New Mexico this week. It will have a happier life there. Warm and long open roads.

Got a VIN for the HC. I have had it since mid Jan. They missed the initial projected dates once now. But at least I think I am getting one...... sometime.

Patrick, are they telling you anything??

At least you have a VIN.

Do you guys have any estimate from Chrysler when you can expect delivery?

Mine missed the original January dates. I called SRT, they tell me my manufacture date is FEB 16. If that happens I could start to really get excited.

I can tell you guys I was proud of the 300 yesterday. They got another 2" in DSM yesterday morning. I came back into town last night. Well I had to have both front tires dismounted/mounted and the beads sanded and redone. After leaving 40 lbs in the fronts Monday it had 14 and 24 lbs remaining. Leaking bad in the cold. It had life too good in the garage all these winters. Then it was time to get around the hilly S. Side of Des Moines. I quickly remembered my learning years of rear wheel drive cars! But, the Motivos on the back have pretty good grip. The old Proxy 4's on the front are certainly marginal, but it did work. We are going to depart this morning to the south. Hope the OEM battery starts at -6F this morning. She held at the airport since Monday when we fired it up last night. Looking forward to smooth driving this morning and getting warmer with every passing mile.

Out of curiosity, I just went to e-Bay and several other sites to investigate pricing of the Hellcat. From what I saw, all of the prices started above MSRP. It looks like a repeat of what I saw when the '13 GT500 came out. It's a shame that dealers have to do this and that MSRP or higher is considered a "good deal" by some people. Just like the Shelby GT500 sales, the limiting factor will be dealer greed, not availability. I hope Chrysler plans to follow through with their plan to reward sales and make it a dis-incentive to hold the Hellcats in their showroom for an extended period.

At a rate of 10-12 per week, not many people will EVER get one! Are they going to speed up production? A rate of 600 per year is abysmal and unacceptable for any production vehicle. Prices are going to go through the roof at that production rate.

Discussion starter · #154 · (Edited)
I think the hold up is the engine construction. A lot of hand built work involved. And - I was told that after full car assembly, each HC gets a few hours of run-in.

I'm going to re-check that 10-12 vehicles per week. That might be per day. [EDIT] - just checked. No -it is only 10-12 units per week. And the last number I heard on orders was over 7000.

That is staggering. Surely with these numbers they will just have to find a way to increase production.
In the mean time this leaves no hope at all for Australia to get them then.

Although those numbers are much brighter that's still considerable time to get through the back log. I'd you keep people waiting too long you run the risk of losing sales to the opposition.

They are making about 10-12 per week. Way behind on orders. Using random selection to select owners for the builds.

Mine was ordered on July 29, 2014. Still have no idea when it will be built. ::frown::
That's messed up. How about earliest orders (aka, earliest supporters) get built first? Wow. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll get word on your beast soon!!

141 - 160 of 274 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.