Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I always wondered why the manufacturer's don't have a single person on payroll to monitor forums such as this for reasons exactly like this. Think of the positive PR a company could get from helping out people who are clearly their target demo and who clearly spread the word about their products. Guess the bean counters don't think there's value in that.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
I always wondered why the manufacturer's don't have a single person on payroll to monitor forums such as this for reasons exactly like this. Think of the positive PR a company could get from helping out people who are clearly their target demo and who clearly spread the word about their products. Guess the bean counters don't think there's value in that.
Well said! In my business I KNOW who my most valued customers are. My loyalty factor has diminished significantly with this experience. I am a car guy who enjoys motorsports. I could have had a nice new C7 Vette in my garage by now.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Quick update. My car was made on Feb 19. Projected delivery now March 9. It is getting more real now that the car is made. Don't know when we can drive it very much, but we will see that it is well kept.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Good news Patrick! Mine has sat up in its "bay" for a week. Looks like it begins to move down the tracks tomorrow. RS is tracking another car and it seems to be its sister, because it finally ends up in Council Bluffs, IA on the same train and is delivered to its dealer the same day too. Looks like a train transfer and identical projections, could be a good sign.

My dealer is doing a good job of tracking finally also. Hope you get yours before the driving season, I want to compare notes with you.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I'm glad to hear there is finally some activity and hopefully an end in sight to this very long wait! Hopefully they will be ready by the time things start to warm up. It's very, very cold here in MD.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Sure sounds like 05 when I wanted an SRT8!

The waiting is the hard part!

Good luck, Pat. I'm sure it will be yours soon...

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Article in USA Today stated that Dodge dealers will only get 1 Hellcat per month either a Challenger or a Charger. How can they keep up with demand?

The company says the maximum any dealer can expect is one Hellcat model a month — either a Charger four-door or a Challenger coupe, but not one of each. Promising buyers more Hellcats than that limited allocation could be borderline illegal, Dodge parent FCA (formerly Chrysler Group) says.

Pricing issues

In the automaker's blog, Gualberto Ranieri, head public relations executive in the U.S., writes a refreshingly biting item that says a "handful of dealers appears to have accepted large numbers of SRT Hellcat orders without regard to available supply and without advising their customers that orders may not be filled, if at all, for many months or longer.

"We believe such a practice may constitute a breach of the Dealer's Sales and Service Agreement with FCA US LLC and a violation of other applicable laws.

"Accordingly, we wanted our customers to hear directly from us how we are allocating Hellcat vehicles ..." Ranieri's blog post then lays that out with a flow chart.

AUTOMAKER'S BLOG: Some Dodge dealers cheating Hellcat buyers

Ranieri notes, "Overall, our independently owned and operated Dodge dealers have been doing a great job managing Hellcat orders. However, a small number of dealers are" tainting the process.

I hope you get your Hellcat soon.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
I hope your car isn't impacted by this recall:

Dodge recalling 2k SRT Hellcat Challengers and Chargers for fuel leak

I suppose this is something they can easily fix.
I was personally at my dealer yesterday. Mine does NOT show any problems or holds. Just moving slow and sitting in Chicago longer than expected. Now expected the week of March 16. That was better than what they said last week, it was pegged to Friday the 13th. It is ok to wait till the next Monday. That will allow us to play with it for a few days before I need to take it north to my garage and maybe it will rain and save me some trucking costs. I have told everyone I need help driving the first 100 miles. No way I am capable of going down the road 1978 style at a maximum of 55 mph! I have plenty of volunteer drivers, but when I tell them they will be in Valet mode they lose their excitement. >:D

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I was personally at my dealer yesterday. Mine does NOT show any problems or holds. Just moving slow and sitting in Chicago longer than expected. Now expected the week of March 16. That was better than what they said last week, it was pegged to Friday the 13th. It is ok to wait till the next Monday. That will allow us to play with it for a few days before I need to take it north to my garage and maybe it will rain and save me some trucking costs. I have told everyone I need help driving the first 100 miles. No way I am capable of going down the road 1978 style at a maximum of 55 mph! I have plenty of volunteer drivers, but when I tell them they will be in Valet mode they lose their excitement. >:D

I'm sure you won't have any problems finding volunteer drivers, even in valet mode :) I recommend varying the RPMs during the break in period. Constant, steady highway RPMs is not ideal for the initial run in period. No hard standing starts, but revving it up is good.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Picked up the car Saturday at noon. By Sunday afternoon we had returned from Iowa with a little over 500 mi. They are everything Dodge promises folks. Really comfortable for driving. My favorite (don't shoot me) is to drive in ECO mode! The tranny shifts like a dream. In street or adding ECO it is so smooth you nearly can't feel shifts. Turn that thing to track mode and the valves open on the exhaust and it completely changes its shifting personality to a near Formula One Racer type of shifts. Man can this thing bang those gears.

The engine....well the SRT8 had nearly 500. What can I say, the additional 200-250 or whatever they are putting out is certainly there and comes on just as smooth. The exhaust and its volume is unreal. Several times on Sunday afternoon as I was exercising it through the RPM ranges I could do nothing but giggle and laugh, still can't believe they are selling these!

Did my first mod Monday morning, had the 305/35 Nitto drag radials put on the back. Now it looks mean, sounds mean, yep it is mean. Logged a certain top speed Sunday morning, broke that on the way to lunch Monday and blew it away at my favorite section of "safe" road last night. If the passenger was not so tense we would have logged a much faster run. That is not what it is about, this thing is all around good, cruiser, racer or just parked, they hit it out of the park.

Oh and for the stereo, record some music on a SD card, the sound quality is so good, I have not listened to XM music yet!

Attachments

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
Thanks, thats made me want one even more. Any jobs going in the US?

161 - 180 of 274 Posts