Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone eles with a super charger that keeps throwing a belt and were you able to fix the problem and if so how. I keep throwing my belt 3 belts in less than 2 months, is it just too much power for the belt.

any help is appreciated

mods...... gsm super charger, kooks long tube headers, magnaflo cat back exhaust, diablo tuner, 160 degree thermostat

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ive heard about people throwing belts with those kits dont know how they fixed them. Do u get any belt slippage with ur kit?

·
Banned
651 Posts
i wish i had that problem =-/

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
My only guess would be something isn't quite aligned properly and at a certain engine speed, for a given duration = lose the belt. I would think it would be an installation issue, but it could be a manufacturing issues for whomever the source is.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
i fitted a system resently a customer brought into to me, i noticed that the belt didn't have much clearance to a lug on the front of the supercharger so i cut it off and i then made a alignment guard on the front to direct the belt if it wanted to fall off, obviusly i checked the belt alignment also, and the belt hasn;t come off and the guy gives it a pretty hard time, only difference in the kit we did and possibly yours is, that we did our own fuel system and didn't use the computer supplied i just cmr tuned it.

hope this helps maybe a little
Steve

·
Registered
195 Posts
Remove the idler pully and bring it to a auto parts store . Match it up with a pulley with side edges on it . The belt will never fall off but the belt edge will show wear if the alighnment is off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts