Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out went to this repair shop to get my alignment done. After waiting for about 20mins. The shop manager told his plates wasn't big enough he'll have to order bigger plates(i have 20's), could I wait about a week. I said ok fine, he handed my keys, I jumped in my ride. Got down the street something told me to check my front wheels. Damn,DAmn,DAMN this mutha scratch up my driver side rim. Went back angry but calm. He pulled the guy out that did my alignment(or tried to do), the guy said i don't know how they got there BS. So shop manger is trying to get them polished out, I hope it works. It's not big enough to be hollering about a new rim, But still. Damn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
I drove 75 miles home and then looked at some gouges on my $900 rim, and I ALWAYS check my stuff.. just that I checked my brakes, not my rim at the shop 'cause I was in a hurry.. so I feel ya brother!

Let us know how it works out!

BTW, the shop guy also drove my lowered car over a curb...... didn't see that either. Once you leave the shop, good luck. teaches me to follow my own protocol.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You know that's too bad. Gives us honest mechanics a bad name. If I damage or scratch something I admit to it and let my manager know.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Did they get it fixed to your satisfaction yet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had similar problems with another vehicle, so when I went to get my 4 wheel alignment with my new 22's on my 300C I brought along a roll of DUCT TAPE and I even helped the mechanic put the tape on the rims where they attach the alignment clamps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts