Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and some other LX owners (C's and Maggies) have gotten our hands on Chrysler's Maximum Duty radiator. This is the biggest radiator that will fit into an LX. Its bigger than the towing package radiator (designated "Severe Duty") and the SRT radiator (designated "Severe Duty II"). As best we can tell, The Maximum Duty radiator is not generally available in the U.S. and is meant for use on Chrysler LX vehicles in use in the Middle East.

The guys over here who are hoping to use it all run their cars on road race courses and we need big cooling as a result.

Anyway, we have hit a snag: The lower outlet fitting is some sort of goofy 40mm twist-lock that nobody -- and I mean NOBODY -- here in the States knows what to do with. Radiator outlets are a universal standard of sorts and (Daimler)Chrysler decided to reinvent the thing.

We have hunted up a lower hose for Euro models and thats not the one we need. At this point, our parts guy (Jeff at Mopar Super Center) has asked us to get hold of a VIN for a Middle-East-spec LX. He can use that to tap into the parts lists for such cars.

Is anyone willing to share? If so do it via PM to maintain your privacy. In an ideal world we would get our hands on a CSRT VIN and a 5.7 300C. The SRT is probably the model this part is used on.

For pictures of the radiator and a link to the discussion on another forum click here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
hey bro i'm still working on this for you hopefully will have an answer by today, dealer guys have been busy and were checking up on this as a favour so didnt want to push them.

Will get back to you soon and sorry for the delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts