Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Actually, this is a happy story. Car was ordered waaaay back on 4/12. Finally went D1 end of July. Now here's the part I can't believe. The car was produced 8/5 (as per door sticker and my calls to DCX) and it was delivery to the dealer on 8/10. I took delivery last night! Can you imagine, less than a week to delivery from Brampton to Illinois (St. Louis area, just across the river.) Dealer says it did not move at all by rail. It went right onto a truck at the factory and came down here. He actually got 3 "C's" in that he had been waiting for.

I don't have much to say so far that hasn't been said - it is a terrific car!

Here are a couple of things FYI:

1. There is absolutely NO right pull.

2. Chrysler is no longer giving you a free upgrade within 12 months for the navigation map DVD - I called DCX and they confirmed.

3. I broke the car already! :mad: Well, I damaged it to the tune of $5.90. The dealer did not install the navigation DVD and in trying to figure out how to make that (what I thought was a door or tray) open, I pushed in too far on the little button (actually just a plastic tab I guess) and broke it off. Now I see that you are apparently just supposed to push it in slightly and then use your fingernail to pry the faceplate or cover off. I could find no instructions on this. Oh well, its not major and I have a new thingy on order. Be careful.

4. The car arrived with the price increase indicated on the sticker ($38,655 MSRP by the way), but the dealer told me there was "protection" so I paid the price as agreed upon back in April! In fact, my trade, a 2002 GMC Envoy had dropped quite a bit in value AND had 4000 more miles on it and he still honored the original deal. They were really stand up people. If you are interested in what I paid, the deal was $15,500 trade (difference). Trade was a loaded 2002 GMC Envoy 4WD SLT with 28,600 miles. Difference between 300C sticker and "trade difference" is $23,155. Every other dealer I talked to wanted to give me $17,500 for the Envoy! Even if the Envoy brought $18,500 on trade he still came off sticker $4655. He told me he lost money on the deal and I believe him, but he honored his contract and I sure respect him for that.

5. The dealer installed mud guards for me before I picked up the car, as per my request, (charged me $38 to install) and followed my directions in not mounting front plate (I'm going to put in the E&G grille) and no dealer identification. The mud guards integrate really well, although I think it helps that the car is black.

I have only 44 miles on it so far but if I discover anything else I'll be sure to let you all know. I've appreciated "living vicariously" through everyone here who has gotten their car and learned much. Now, I move into the next phase of the 300C experience - I'm looking forward to it. One of our members here posts a motto "The feeling of wanting is better than the feeling of having, it is illogical yet it is often true," by Mr. Spock - at this point I'd have to say, "I wouldn't be sure sure about that!"

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Congratulations, I know well your feelings, almost a rite of passage, that Spock quote applies to life but not the 300, I may have to change it cause I sure like the feeling of having this baby and would not want to give any mixed messages. Enjoy your ride :D. I just got back from Sam's club 70 miles r/t, what a thrill, I finally went to redline and WOT, Valentine one has saved me twice already!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got Mine

That's great, hope we can all have the same results. :)
Can you tell me more about the "Price Protection," did it come from Chrysler or dealer.
Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks II Kings - I have yet to dare WOT, but I keep thinking, "come on, someone give me a reason." Fast300C - I'm not sure of the particulars of "price protections, but I think the dealer simply has to apply for it with Chrysler.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well I can say now that I have received my sexy beast, it is far better to have than want. I am satisfied so far and I continue to come up with different things I want to do with the Navigation and U-Connect. This is my first car with both and I think the elapsed driving time feature is great. Now I can prove that my route home is shorter. I digress, the car is what I expected and then some.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
MAF, isn't that Satin Jade a great colour? Everyone I talk too rave about it, even my dentist this morning had to take a look at it and he is thinking of getting the same one. I told him to pick another colour!!!! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
The dealer lost money on your trade.... I DOUBT IT!

YES, they are starting to roll around here now too. I got mine a littl eover a week ago and this is th efirst time I have been on the board since..... spending too much time driving it than to write about it....

The newness will wear off, I will come back to reality, and all will be back to normall. As normal as normal can be with 390ft#'s of torque under your foot..... YEHOW....

·
Registered
40 Posts
MikeyJohn-I agree, it's the best color out there. Ask your dentist to get a black one or any other color besides Satin Jade.

This car is popping up more often and people are caught off guard by the pricing. I think it's a great value but most things that are a great value don't neccesarily look this good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts