Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the Ksport springs on but I have a camber problem

I put the Ksport springs on and they work great!! The car rides just as smooth as the stock ones.

After the springs were on the car it looks like the back wheels are tilted inwards a little bit. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever experienced this. Is it just my imagination or are my tires going to be bald on the insides in a couple of months?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i lowered my 06 touring this weekend and i have to go get it aligned tomorrow cause of the tilt. you arent imagining anything, its there. you get negative camber when you go low, just take it to get it aligned and you should be fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
just thought i would tell you that when i went to get my car aligned today after lowering it, the shop told me that i needed to get adjustble upper a-arms if i wanted to get the factory specs up front. they could align it a little bit and they got the back done but the front is still off, even though its not going to do much but cause uneven tire wear. an estimate for parts and labor to change the a-arms was around $600:pat:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. How did they get the back aligned? When I put the springs in I didn't see any place for adjustment.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
For a standard alignment, toe is the only thing that can be adjusted. There are no camber/caster adjustment points available. The only way to adjust the caster and camber is with a cradle adjustment, or an adjustment bolt package.
The camber kits is the aftermarket solution to the negative camber.

When getting an alignment, the only thing a wheel/tire shop will do is adjust the toe. To reduce the cost, tell the shop you only want a toe adjustment, which is usually less expensive than an entire alignment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What camber package will I need with the Ksport springs? They lower the car 1.6'' in the front and 1.5 in the rear. I have a 2005 chrysler 300 Limited. I have 24'' rims 10'' wide with a 13 offset 255/30/24 tires.

Thanks for all the input I have received so far, I don't know what I would do without this forum!!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
SPC rear bushings and front arms

u have to pull the rear wheel to get the measurement for the bushing since they have two bushings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts