Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Jacksonville International Auto Show today and saw a silver 2008 Dodge Challenger. This was a production model I was told. The car looked good but I have to tell you THIS IS A LARGE CAR. It is one of the biggest 2 doors I have ever seen. The windows were tinted very dark and the rep told me this was done on purpose because they did not want the interior seen. The car was roped off and locked. The front end looks sporty and stylish and the back of the car looked great. Small spoiler was spot on and the rectangular exhausts looked great. I did not like the pictures of the silver Challenger but it looked very good in person especially with the carbon fiber black stripes against the silver paint.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
I went to the Jacksonville International Auto Show today and saw a silver 2008 Dodge Challenger.......... I have to tell you THIS IS A LARGE CAR. It is one of the biggest 2 doors I have ever seen.
Well that should come as no surprise; after all it is basically an LX platform with only 4" cut from the wheelbase (from 120" to 116"). By contrast my 1987 Firebird formula rode on a 101" wheelbase. My last car before the 300C was a 1990 Thunderbird SC and it was a VERY large car for a 2 door coupe, on something like a 112" wheelbase. The Challenger ain't no little car, which is fine with me actually.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
...The windows were tinted very dark and the rep told me this was done on purpose because they did not want the interior seen...
There were some reports from people whose eyes were "burning" after viewing the interior at the Chicago debut, and Dodge wanted to avoid any potential lawsuits :biggrin:.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Saw it today in Chicago not happy about the interoi being the LX i was hoping for more new features like off the proto type. I bet they'll change that on the first resign after 3 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts