Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not exactly stole.. i picked up a 1987 Plymouth Reliant, with documented 35,765 miles. its like new inside and out the fuel injected 4cyl should get around 30mpg..i have a very soft spot in my heart for K-cars so i'm inlove with it..i got it home and promptly polished and waxed it..brought a whole new life to the car.

the low miles are because it was a "dvision of forestry service" car for the state of alaska. i have every service record from the car for the last 6 years or so. the car runs, and drives like new and looks close to it inside and out..

i picked it up for $850, i also plan to get another which is a wagon version of the same car.

first issue i had with it haha[b/]
YouTube - icy hill VS plymouth reliant

when i picked it up.

after a polish and wax

the wagon i think we'll also get

·
Registered
630 Posts
Must have been the cold weather that preserved it. I think you'd even have a hard time finding one in a salvage yard today, let alone one running on the street.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
When I saw "classic" Chrysler I was thinking 1957 or maybe even 1967 but certainly didn't expect a 1987 K car!:) :biggrin:

Can't be too hard on the K car though; after all if not for that car (which is the car that 'saved' chrysler in the early 80's) there would be no awesome Chrysler 300C today!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha thanks guys, its a sweet little car. i guess its not really a classic..but hey it was a cool title :p

theres actuly a few more of these running around here then you'd think..but none in this good of condition.

·
Registered
223 Posts

From the faded sleeper department comes this Chrysler Lebaron turbo. Grandma picked up the turbo K-car off the showroom floor and passed it on to this guy, who installed a manual boost controller along with an exhaust and brought it out to the track. Running 20 pounds of boost, the turbo-K knocked off the quarter mile in the mid-12 second zone.

·
Registered
335 Posts
My brother used to have the K-car, 2.2L

I loved that car, I used to do all the work on it. 2-door 4-speed

was pretty fast for a 4-cyl, used to beat the snot out of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts