Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i told myself i wasnt going to put 22's on my C once i got it, but after going to SEMA and seeing all the wheel company's and custom C's it killed me. so whats the deal with running 22's? how bad does it ride compared to stock? i know they look amazing, but how bad is the ride? please be honest. whats the biggest size tires that i can run so that i wont bend them. or do i have to run 35 series? does having a deeper dish wheel change the ride? because i would have to get deep dish. what are the different sizes i should run? i will not lower it, no way. so i would be dealing with the stock height. i need some help........thank you! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jjs-what wheels do you have on your car?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
D300C said:
jjs-what wheels do you have on your car?
When it gets here it will be the stock 18"s...I am not a big wheel change person.

·
Registered
43 Posts
D300C said:
i will not lower it, no way. so i would be dealing with the stock height. i need some help........thank you! :)
Just as an FYI, generally speaking, in order to be aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, the fender gap (distance from top of tire to the bottom of the lip of the fender) should be less than or equal to the profile of the tire. While 22" wheels DO fit the car, without lowering it, you are left with an un-appealing fender gap that gives the car a 4x4 look. When you use the tire size recommended for 22"x9.5" you get a 265-35-22 tire. This tire is bigger than the stock tire size by almost an inch, meaning when you switch your wheels your car sits almost an inch HIGHER than stock. So if you use the Eibach lowering kit which is a 1.6" drop, it not only will be aesthetically very pleasing, it will also only net down to a .6" drop. A half an inch is probably equal to a couple of passengers, if not less. If you look at all of the cars at SEMA, they were ALL lowered. I put 22" on my car and I HATED the look until I lowered it. It is very difficult to see what I am talking about in pictures, but once you are standing 3 feet away and look at the profile of a stock car on 22" then you will see what I am talking about. As always, it is your car and you should do whatever you want. I am just providing you with an un-objective opinion based on my experiences with the car. In answer to you handling question, the car actually does respond very well to the Pirelli tires and the ride quality is very near stock, if not a tad sportier.

-Chris

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so your happy with the way your car rides?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The car rides very nicely on 22" I have actually since switched to 20" because I fear the 22" are just aching to be stolen and I don't live in the best neighborhood. I actually prefer the ride of the 22" Pirellis vs. the 20" Toyo Proxies. The Pirelli is a very nice tire, all be it a little expensive.

-Chris

·
Registered
154 Posts
the ride is great, handling is even better than before and braking is slightly affected but still no problems, get the 22"s you'll be so happy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did you lower it? or just put 22's on? i really dont want to lower it. i had a 1996 impala with 19's (they were big then!) and lowered it and it was bouncy...i drive a 2002 lifted avalanche now, so i want to get into the 300C and feel comfortable. i wish i could drive one with 22's..........

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Too bad you can get 22" Toyo tires for the 300C because imo Toyo tires are better then Pirelli. I've had Toyo's on all my cars and I can't say anything bad about them. Not saying Pirelli sucks but for some reason the Toyo's have given me a better ride then Pirelli's have. Also remember that the Pirelli tire been used for 22's for the 300C is actually a SUV tire. I just ordered the 22's but im waiting to see if they'll be a tire for the 300C if not then im going to go with the Pirelli's. From pictures ive seen on the net, I think you have to lower the car for it to look good or like what was said earlier in this post, the 300C will look like a 4x4. As for ride quality, it will make a difference but how big of a difference I dont know. I guess its ok if you put the 22s for the summer just for crusing and for the rest of time you ride on your stocks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
New math?

If the tire is 1" greater in diameter, than the tire will be 1/2" greater in radius. So the car will sit higher by only 1/2", not 1", and the fender gap will be reduced by 1/2" with the new tires, not 0"...

Therefore, the eibach 1.6" lowering will make the fender gap appear to be 2.1" less in total, and the car will only be lowered by 1.1" in total....

Not saying the look is bad with this setup -- just want to be clear on the math...

300C Madd Dogg said:
Just as an FYI, generally speaking, in order to be aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, the fender gap (distance from top of tire to the bottom of the lip of the fender) should be less than or equal to the profile of the tire. While 22" wheels DO fit the car, without lowering it, you are left with an un-appealing fender gap that gives the car a 4x4 look. When you use the tire size recommended for 22"x9.5" you get a 265-35-22 tire. This tire is bigger than the stock tire size by almost an inch, meaning when you switch your wheels your car sits almost an inch HIGHER than stock. So if you use the Eibach lowering kit which is a 1.6" drop, it not only will be aesthetically very pleasing, it will also only net down to a .6" drop. A half an inch is probably equal to a couple of passengers, if not less. If you look at all of the cars at SEMA, they were ALL lowered. I put 22" on my car and I HATED the look until I lowered it. It is very difficult to see what I am talking about in pictures, but once you are standing 3 feet away and look at the profile of a stock car on 22" then you will see what I am talking about. As always, it is your car and you should do whatever you want. I am just providing you with an un-objective opinion based on my experiences with the car. In answer to you handling question, the car actually does respond very well to the Pirelli tires and the ride quality is very near stock, if not a tad sportier.

-Chris

·
Registered
477 Posts
300C Madd Dogg said:
The car rides very nicely on 22" I have actually since switched to 20" because I fear the 22" are just aching to be stolen and I don't live in the best neighborhood. I actually prefer the ride of the 22" Pirellis vs. the 20" Toyo Proxies. The Pirelli is a very nice tire, all be it a little expensive.

-Chris
when you say you prefer the pirellis, is it because of the looks? or because of the handling characteristics?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts