Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I should mention that I picked up my 300C on Saturday and I'm very happy with it. I hadn't planned on posting until I got some nice pictures, but I'll probably never get round to taking pictures.

She's a year and 6 months old and looks and drives great. I've been looking at 22" wheels, but still undecided if I'll go for them or not as I also like the standard wheels. So far I've given her a quick wash, added an air freshener and driven about 200 miles.

The MD at work commented on my car so have most of the other guys. I get the impression they think I get paid too much, but they don't realise just how much car you get for your money!

·
Registered
408 Posts
As long as you are happy with the car and with the price that is all that counts. Enjoy the car, lot of car for the money.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yes, I am happy with the car. I have that 300C grin :D

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Congratulations on your new car! Still, we do need to see some photos of the reason for your new smile!

bruno

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Is this your driveway Propus ?

lmfao

Attachments

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Is this your driveway Propus ?

lmfao

WTF! Was that YOU sculking about my drive with a camera last night!?!

PS. Thats exactly what my Micra looks like, but in red.

My Micra sitting in my old driveway.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well as the sun was out I decided to de badge my C and also take the side trim off. Again not to everyones liking, but I like the clean look it gives.

before

after

other side

Also washed, clayed, cream paint cleaner, polished the car today. Clouds rolling in and it getting a bit cold stopped me from waxing. Will was and wax next chance I get. I'm pretty happy with my days work.

·
Premium Member
2019 Chrysler 300 SRT
2,097 Posts
I'm glad you had decent weather, we had just a little flooding down here in the South, I must say though at one point on the M25 this morning my 300C hit standing water in the outside lane at 70MPH and the traction control did a bloody good job as we went slightly sideways!

This was Southampton Railway station!

Stef

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad you had decent weather, we had just a little flooding down here in the South, I must say though at one point on the M25 this morning my 300C hit standing water in the outside lane at 70MPH and the traction control did a bloody good job as we went slightly sideways!

This was Southampton Railway station!

Stef
That does NOT sound like fun!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well as the sun was out I decided to de badge my C and also take the side trim off. Again not to everyones liking, but I like the clean look it gives.
well its your car and you are right, things are never to everyones liking, but personally I think it looks significantly worse without the trim and the badge.

also if thats your house in the background it looks very nice !

regards

elpirata

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
elpirata, thanks for your comments and your honesty. That is indeed my significantly worse looking car sitting infront of my very nice house, lol. Thank you very much for saying so.

Its actually a 200 year old granite lodge thats been converted into two homes. The neighbours have the ground floor with the nice front door in the picture. We have our own front door with porch at the side leading up to the further 3 floors which make up our home. The drives a good handy size for washing the C, you can even see the wee Micra sitting at the back here

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
that sure is a grand looking place to stay. The original entrance looks very impressive and if I recollect correctly granite is supposed to shield you from the effects of nuclear radiation (or is it the other way - I know there is some link).
As I mentioned in the other posting modification is not my game and I have thought long and hard as to whether I prefer the chrome on or off - and I still don't bloody well know. Its removal does make a difference but I don't think it is either for the better or worse.
Cheers John

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that sure is a grand looking place to stay. The original entrance looks very impressive and if I recollect correctly granite is supposed to shield you from the effects of nuclear radiation (or is it the other way - I know there is some link).
As I mentioned in the other posting modification is not my game and I have thought long and hard as to whether I prefer the chrome on or off - and I still don't bloody well know. Its removal does make a difference but I don't think it is either for the better or worse.
Cheers John

Looking at the pcitures I don't think it looks good without the chrome, but in the flesh I think it looks better.

On the house re painting the orginal entrance was started during summer last year! They still haven't finished and I'm not offering to do it! Now I can't remember if they were painting the black bits white or the white bits black.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I recollect correctly granite is supposed to shield you from the effects of nuclear radiation (or is it the other way - I know there is some link).
It also costs a bloody fortune to heat especially when the missus is such a cald tattie!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts