Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys...I am looking to get a 300 base model because I really just a chill driver... My question to you wise ones is:

I want to get a 2007 maybe 2008 Black 300 lx with leather....BUT I want it to look like this car here....minus the rims....How do I get all that chrome on the windows and mirrors?.....are the after market chrome things cheaper (quality wise) in comparison to what is on this car seen here?.....ANY HELP IS MUCH Appreciated ...thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also...

Is the Black paint on this car the same as the one that comes on the base model?...it looks real shiny...when i went to the dealership...the cars there didn't look this good....what did this guy do?

and also...You see that chrome piece that sits between the two windows....what is that and how can i get it?...thanks again for any advise

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jr95..welcome to the forums! Yeah, I love that car too. It belongs to a member her who lives "on the other side of the pond". A lot of his mods are from Startech (wheels & grille, at least). The grille is not sold in the US, but can be imported for $$$. You can get any of the chrome mirrors, door handles, window moldings, etc. from some of the supporting vendors. A good place to start would be Wyckoff Chrysler. They sell these items under the "Dub Edition" name, but they are basically the same as the factory 300C parts. I wouldn't go with chrome covers, as I've heard some not so nice things about them.

Good luck with your mods and be sure and post back with pics once you make them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
those are covers?

you are saying that those are mirror covers on that car?....so you would suggest I get the OEM 300c mirrors right?...and what about his paint....how is it that shiny?....Thanks again man

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 more thing...

I was on the chrylser website and I was comparing the appearence of the 300 lx and the 300c....Now my question is....are the headlights exactly the same appearence wise?

·
Registered
297 Posts
you are saying that those are mirror covers on that car?....so you would suggest I get the OEM 300c mirrors right?...and what about his paint....how is it that shiny?....Thanks again man

The chrome on the side mirrors is a cap that fits over the standard mirrors I believe so it can be added to any 300.

Hopefully the owner of that car will speak up but it looks like factory brilliant black with a good detail job.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO MANY QUEsTIOns

Sorry or all the questions but I am really new to all of this modding stuff..

2 MOre questions:

#1. Do you know or ever heard of an OEM 300c body side molding that i could put on the 300 lx....cuz i like the molding on the 300c but i dont like the aftermarket ones that are thicker...

and

#2. How much does the installation of these things cost?....or is it easy enough to do it yourself??

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO .....MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
No...I wasn't implying that his were covers. I just don't recommend that you get covers. His, like mine, are probably factory OEM. On my 300C, all the chrome, with the exception of the door pillars, are factory OEM. My guess on the paint is that it is also factory, since it doesn't look any shinier than my Brilliant Black. Visit the Detailing section of this forum and you will learn quite a lot. Personally, I use Meguiars and/or Zaino products. The steps I use are wash with dishwashing soap (I use Dove), a clear coat prep or clay bar to remove surface contaminants, re-wash if you used the clay bar, followed by a polish coat, then sealed by a wax coat or two. I would never recommend washing with a dishwashing soap as it removes wax. The only time you would is when you are going to wax afterwards. You're basically stripping down whats on the paint and then reapplying. If you do this, I don't see any reason why it can't look like the one in the pic. In fact, it'll probably look better since they don't have any sun over there :cool:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was on the chrylser website and I was comparing the appearence of the 300 lx and the 300c....Now my question is....are the headlights exactly the same appearence wise?
It depends on which model you get. The American website lists 10 different models :pat:

On the lower models the bottom of the headlights is flat and is where the blinker is. On the high models the headlights have body modeling at the bottom. If you go to chrsyler.ca and the built your own you can see the difference in appearance a bit better.

·
Registered
326 Posts
beautiful car. good luck with what you decide to do. looks like you're in the same boat as me. except I have silver. I kinda want to make it look like a factory C. I plan on purchasing the chrome door handles and mirrors. I have also heard bad things about the covers but then Ive heard some good things too. I think Im gonna play it safe and get the replacements. I wouldnt go as far as getting "C" decals but the chrome pieces are a must!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks

HEY THANKS AGAIN GUYS...

Considering I don't care for the extra power in the HEMI do you think I will be happy with the LX +leather seats +all those mods?....or are there other differences within the interior that make a big difference?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

Anyone know about the stock 300C chrome SIDE MOLDING on the body??.....I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE...all I have seen is a really thick after market one and a Heritage one...thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone know about the stock 300C chrome SIDE MOLDING on the body??.....I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE...all I have seen is a really thick after market one and a Heritage one...thanks

Are you talking about the chrome strip 1/2 down the doors or the chrome part at the bottom of the windows?

Are you in the US, Canada, UK or where?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welcome aboard and I love that you have all these questions already.I have the 300 Limited in black and after i get the car detailed it looks nice and shiny the way you want it.Its alot of work to keep it that way.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Sounds like a part you'd have to get through the dealer.
Seeing as how the molding is about 2/3 body color and 1/3 chrome, you'd most likely only find that through the dealer's parts and service.
It won't be cheap but at least you'll know it's [email protected] good quality.:wink:
Oh, and if you like the C's headlights better than the LX/Touring headlights, you can resolve that with a front fascia swap (I believe) for the right amount of $$$.
Good Luck

·
Registered
326 Posts
HEY THANKS AGAIN GUYS...

Considering I don't care for the extra power in the HEMI do you think I will be happy with the LX +leather seats +all those mods?....or are there other differences within the interior that make a big difference?
No leather in base model. And if you can, get the touring model. If I could do it over again I would have gotten the touring. There is nothing that bad about the base but you do miss certain things. Like power when you want it. Granted its not the power of a v8 but its better than the 2.7
If I were in your situation, Id find a slightly used 07 touring and talk em down on the price. Id find one with leather (although in TX we dont really like leather) sunroof and I also saw one with navigation.
Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello,
see posts by Stefan Tapp. It's a UK spec 300C.
We don't have names for the specs but for us, "Touring" denotes an estate car (see mine). I'm surprised Chrysler can do it, because BMW have used that moniker for their estate cars for 30 years.
The mirrors and door handles are chrome plated, not covers, and they're quite reasonable quality. You'll also notice chrome surfaces on the bumpers, better quality than the Startech Grille chrome, and headlamp washers. We also have HID dipped beams and leather.
On second thoughts, the mirror chromes look suspiciously cover-ish. The rims are black plastic and the chrome ends at the mounting bracket. The door handles are definitely proper though.
All the best,
G.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts