Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wus up gang?

I won’t receive my C until late April early May; I want to be prepared on delivery of my C. Do I have to order a front license plate bracket? Does the MP3 player recognize folders I organized my MP3’s in? I’m aware the 300c’s mirrors will adjust when in reverse, do the mirrors also fold away, and if they do under what conditions do they perform that cool magic trick?

Thanks for the helpful info! :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
05 300c said:
Wus up gang?

I won’t receive my C until late April early May; I want to be prepared on delivery of my C. Do I have to order a front license plate bracket? Does the MP3 player recognize folders I organized my MP3’s in? I’m aware the 300c’s mirrors will adjust when in reverse, do the mirrors also fold away, and if they do under what conditions do they perform that cool magic trick?
:
Comes with the front plate bracket. If you're in a state that does not have a front plate, contact the dealer nunerous times to tag the car comming off the truck NOT to drill the holes for the front plate mount.
Yes, the Sound Grp 2 CD player does read the folders. Only has name ID compatability with the older ID tags on MP3's, so use that vs V.2 when you burn your music.
The mirrors do fold in manually but only afford a few inches less, wouldn't bother with it as I never would try to get through something that close. The "look down on reverse" feature is selectable on/off by the console. I have it off to save wear and tear on the motors and will once in a while move the down manually when parking in a tight spot.
Enjoy the C when you get it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jeffp,

You answered my biggest concern about the front plate bracket. I'm living in Germany now, I have to have front tags on my car to be legally drive the car, there was no way some one was going to make me drill holes into the front bumper with out the front plate bracket. I wont use the fold away feature at all, you would be amazed at how narrow some these two way streets are, I avoid driving in tight areas. I will love using my rear assist and mirrors, when parking in the city it is always a challenge, I guess that’s why the smart car (a glorified gold car) is so popular here.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Hey 05 300c, are you getting your delivery from the European build or is it coming from the Brampton plant?

Apparently the 300C for Australia will be built in Austria and production there will commence about May.

If you are ex-pat American and take delivery of a Euro spec car will you have compliance issues getting it back into the US?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hemi57 said:
Hey 05 300c, are you getting your delivery from the European build or is it coming from the Brampton plant?

Apparently the 300C for Australia will be built in Austria and production there will commence about May.

If you are ex-pat American and take delivery of a Euro spec car will you have compliance issues getting it back into the US?
Hemi57,

My 300 is coming from the Brampton plant. I have to wait for them to build it, than the boat ride here to Germany, all US spec. I’m hoping I can get a Chrysler dealer here to get rid of the governor ;) and a European DVD for the NAV :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts