·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i change my username,help a brotha out.New name CaliHemi60

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I Might Be Wrong But Once You Pick Your Username You Cannot Change It.i Think Thats The Only Thing You Cannot Change.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
Actually only the admins can change your name. Send a PM to either HEMEEE or ekool requesting your name change.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Nice To Hear Because I Wanted To Change Mine Also And Thought You Couldnt.learn Something New Everyday On The Forum.

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I'm thinking of changing my name too. Maybe I'll go with Michaelr, but he'd have to change his name first. Let's all change our names...haha.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I'm thinking of changing my name too. Maybe I'll go with Michaelr, but he'd have to change his name first. Let's all change our names...haha.

Bernie
What? and lose our post count? j/k ...well maybe it isn't. Do you keep everything else? And if you change your name how will that effect posts that you've already made. Is there is a name conversation log or history so if you remember Michaelr and he changes his name to something else you can still find him. Not that anyone would except those that are owed money.;)

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
What? and lose our post count? j/k ...well maybe it isn't. Do you keep everything else? And if you change your name how will that effect posts that you've already made. Is there is a name conversation log or history so if you remember Michaelr and he changes his name to something else you can still find him. Not that anyone would except those that are owed money.;)
It's seamless. All your previous posts are automatically changed to the new name. The only thing that doesn't get changed is if someone quoted a post of yours in their reply.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
It's seamless. All your previous posts are automatically changed to the new name. The only thing that doesn't get changed is if someone quoted a post of yours in their reply.

Bernie
So how do I find you again Bernie if you change your name to Michaelr? I guess just scroll around until I find that cute little dog?:)

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
So how do I find you again Bernie if you change your name to Michaelr? I guess just scroll around until I find that cute little dog?:)
Haha. After 3 years how could I change now? There's been several who've changed their names here BTW.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I understand Armond is available, no?
Haha, too funny. You'd have to assume all of his posts as well though. Who in their right mind would want to?!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
One of the problems with name changes is so many folks, some who rarely post but read every day, learn who we are from our usernames. When we change them, it upsets the balance of nature for a lot of folks. usually, wholesale name changes are discouraged for that reason, but for the most part we can accomodate the majority of requests.

Just remember that even though all your info and post counts go to the new username, it might not be the best thing overall for you and your peers/friends on the board for the reasons above.

PM HEMEEE and/or Jayc for a quicker response, and outline your reasoning and projected implications, if any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts