Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2012 Chrysler 300s 5.7 rwd and I just want to know what fuse I can take out and put back in when I want to play around , holding the TC button dosnt work , I don’t want to buy a tuner just to be able to do donuts I’m just tired of trying and the ESC kicks in and takes power from me.. help me please .

·
Registered
486 Posts
If there's a fuse you can pull to disable TC, I'm not aware of it.

There is a wire you can cut and install a toggle switch, but I wouldn't recommend it for a number of reasons.

There are always plenty of Z Automotive Tazers available used, and it's not like they wear out. Get one, they'll allow you to do a lot more than just disable TC.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The tazer is about your only way to cut the nannys off. I have a 2012 300c and this is the only way I can act out a bit in my car. I will say that sometimes If I do a donut it freaks my electronics out. Never been able to figure out why. Sometimes it will throw an engine code and get stuck in 3rd gear. Sometimes a restart helps and other times I have to reprogram the ecu to correct it. But I will say turning off everything with the Tazer really means turning off everything. Traction, stability and ABS and maybe others. I boiled my brake fluid on a hard mountain drive with the abs off so I no longer turn this off during those rides. Also upgraded brakes and fluids.

Will say the tazer does open a few fun things on our cars. If you can find a used one its worth it. Its expensive for something that does not increase performance. It will unlock all the SRT pages. This can be seen in the evic and the unconnect screen. The best feature though is the line lock. Press 2 buttons on the steering wheel, pump the brakes twice and it locks up just the front brakes allowing you to roast them until you let off the steering wheel buttons. Overall the Tazer is nothing but a sh*ts n giggles toy but I have enjoyed it. especially the srt pages. Good luck.

unnamed (11)-123.jpg
unnamed (3)-123.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Don't understand why anyone would treat their car like that, but each to their own. I must say though, that is one fine looking vehicle.
Appreciate it woocares. I maintain the car every chance I get but also did not buy a rwd v8 and put all this money into it to drive it like a commuter car. Not saying I do dumb stuff all the time but she does make me giggle more often than not. I leave the donuts and burnouts to the rare occasions where I can safely pull them off. And I don't have the money for new rear tires like that.

Reactions: Ardiej

·
Registered
64 Posts
Appreciate it woocares. I maintain the car every chance I get but also did not buy a rwd v8 and put all this money into it to drive it like a commuter car. Not saying I do dumb stuff all the time but she does make me giggle more often than not. I leave the donuts and burnouts to the rare occasions where I can safely pull them off. And I don't have the money for new rear tires like that.
If I had the V8 I might drive do the same. In the meantime, my 6 makes me giggle occasionally, or I just giggle easier. (loved your giggle comment)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 2012 Chrysler 300s 5.7 rwd and I just want to know what fuse I can take out and put back in when I want to play around , holding the TC button dosnt work , I don’t want to buy a tuner just to be able to do donuts I’m just tired of trying and the ESC kicks in and takes power from me.. help me please .
I don't know if this will work, but if you have the push button start - hold the start button while holding the TC button when starting the car, I dont remember how long, but mine shows on the dash that it disabled all systems - power cut, plus the auto brakes. Might work for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The tazer is about your only way to cut the nannys off. I have a 2012 300c and this is the only way I can act out a bit in my car. I will say that sometimes If I do a donut it freaks my electronics out. Never been able to figure out why. Sometimes it will throw an engine code and get stuck in 3rd gear. Sometimes a restart helps and other times I have to reprogram the ecu to correct it. But I will say turning off everything with the Tazer really means turning off everything. Traction, stability and ABS and maybe others. I boiled my brake fluid on a hard mountain drive with the abs off so I no longer turn this off during those rides. Also upgraded brakes and fluids.

Will say the tazer does open a few fun things on our cars. If you can find a used one its worth it. Its expensive for something that does not increase performance. It will unlock all the SRT pages. This can be seen in the evic and the unconnect screen. The best feature though is the line lock. Press 2 buttons on the steering wheel, pump the brakes twice and it locks up just the front brakes allowing you to roast them until you let off the steering wheel buttons. Overall the Tazer is nothing but a sh*ts n giggles toy but I have enjoyed it. especially the srt pages. Good luck.

View attachment 174235 View attachment 174236
Couldn’t help but notice your back wheel/tire setup are those 275/40/20 on 9in wheels.. in the process of setting mine up and that looks sweer

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep 275/40/20. The Drag DR rims are 9' and I can only get the stock 245 on the front. Front tire sits millimeters from upper control arm. Really wanted to go with a square stance but oh well. And thanks.

71239767_10157284672734961_3476966580926021632_o.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know if this will work, but if you have the push button start - hold the start button while holding the TC button when starting the car, I dont remember how long, but mine shows on the dash that it disabled all systems - power cut, plus the auto brakes. Might work for you.
Does anyone have any more info on this technique... I have a 2016 300S 5.7 RWD... Still in mourning from selling my CTS-V Wagon...

·
Registered
196 Posts
How to get the melted rubber off the underside of the rear fenders?

Asking for a friend
Hard work and determination. The same way that rubber got there. Honestly if its enough to bother you I would say a small plastic putty tool.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Does anyone have any more info on this technique... I have a 2016 300S 5.7 RWD... Still in mourning from selling my CTS-V Wagon...
Can I ask why you sold the wagon? That is like a bucket list car for me. I have a sweet spot for wagons.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lord VVagon was awesome. My back is Jankey... needed Recaros, wanted manual. Another wagon will be in my future. Even considered a 300 SRT-8 wagon and another 7.3 sExcursion

1 - 16 of 16 Posts