Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08' 300 LX Cool Vanilla. it didn't come with the molding on the doors, i'd like to add this. What are my options? Can i use someone's dicarded molding from a prior model year? Is there a chrome option out there made for this car?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i know there are options out there, i think DUB makes chrome side moldings that can be installed. but as far as using someones discarded ones, i dont think that will work. usually they are pretty ruined by the time you remove them, bent, cracked and curved. i think moparsupercenter or wyckoff chrysler has the DUB ones.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I de-molded mine, they are perfectly straight, with no curves or cracks, only a couple small nicks (but it is side molding, hello). Mine is the sterling silver metallic, I have another forum member considering them. he would get first pick since I he did ask first. but he's going to see how much it cost to have them painted. I have the full set wit the Hemi C emblems...
letting the set go for $60, plus shipping. (I'll include receipt for shipping cost- I don't like people who try to rip you off on "shipping") anyway, pm me and let me know if you want me to keep you in mind or if you're interested.

·
Banned
651 Posts
i agree the car looks way better without moldings. When i demolded mine i put them on craigslist. I didnt get any bites after 2 postings so i just threw them away in the trash

i suggest leaving your car as it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i like the way it looks without the mold but i'm worried about dings from the soccer moms and their kids around here, the metal on this vehicle doesn't seem too resistant to damage. 3 months and i already have a mark on my roof, if someone opens a door too hard i can only imagine what would be left
i agree the car looks way better without moldings. When i demolded mine i put them on craigslist. I didnt get any bites after 2 postings so i just threw them away in the trash

i suggest leaving your car as it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i couldn't figure out how to pm or maybe i'm too new, send me an email [email protected] when ur ready to sell, thanks for the reply. mine is not a hemi so i don't want to false advertise my ride, is the hemi part replaceable or paintable?
I de-molded mine, they are perfectly straight, with no curves or cracks, only a couple small nicks (but it is side molding, hello). Mine is the sterling silver metallic, I have another forum member considering them. he would get first pick since I he did ask first. but he's going to see how much it cost to have them painted. I have the full set wit the Hemi C emblems...
letting the set go for $60, plus shipping. (I'll include receipt for shipping cost- I don't like people who try to rip you off on "shipping") anyway, pm me and let me know if you want me to keep you in mind or if you're interested.

·
Registered
435 Posts
yea... just sent you an e-mail...

·
Registered
622 Posts
i like the way it looks without the mold but i'm worried about dings from the soccer moms and their kids around here, the metal on this vehicle doesn't seem too resistant to damage. 3 months and i already have a mark on my roof, if someone opens a door too hard i can only imagine what would be left
I always park mine at the far back of any parking lot.

The soccer moms are the least of your worries.

Its the haters and jealous people you have to be worried about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts