Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to remove the "300C" emblems from my car and mount these.

How do I remove the front mouldings without leaving glue?
Are the current emblems stuck on or screwed?
And finally, 3M double sided tape to secure the new badges, or super-auto goo?

Thanks for the advice

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I want to mount THESE and need advice

Hi all,

I want to remove the "300c" badges and mount these in their place. My questions are:

-How do I remove the small side mouldings on the front fender?
-Are the current emblems stuck on or screwed on?
-And what do you recommend I use to mount the new emblems? 3M double-sided tape or super auto goo?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Try goof off or lacquer thinner to remove old glue residue. After you clean area wipe down with isopropyl alcohol before applying new badge to remove any residual debris. A piece of 3M VHB ( very high bond tape will suffice to apply new logo.
You should be able to gently pry off old. You can use a plastic putty knife to assist.Obviously be careful

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi all,

I want to remove the "300c" badges and mount these in their place. My questions are:

-How do I remove the small side mouldings on the front fender?
-Are the current emblems stuck on or screwed on?
-And what do you recommend I use to mount the new emblems? 3M double-sided tape or super auto goo?

Thanks for the help!
Think all the currecnt emblems are held on via 3M tape, so to remove use a hair dryer and some type of string so "swipe" it off. Mine didnt leave much goo so I just scraped the rest off with soap and water but im sure
"Goo be gone" will work as well if their is alot stuck on their.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
many different methods..

I used 3m adhesive remover to remove my mouldings... but plain old WD-40 has been used by many folks here. Soak for a few minutes, and take a microfiber cloth wrapped over a plastic putty knife, and carefully work it under the edge, work slowly and pull the emblem as you work it under. Use plenty of WD 40 or 3m.. I didn't use a hair dryer...

Micro Fiber or goo gone or (best) clay the area when done. You might have what looks like paint defects or discoloration, but claying should remove it. (Some have had to Dual action buff, but those are very few)

All solutions work in the end.. so take your pick!

Use the 3m tape to put back on... and get some good stuff, no need to go cheap since you don't want to lose the emblem after all the work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts