Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been doing a few upgrades to my 300c CRD this year. One of the next things I wish to upgrade is the user interface in the centre console. My car is a 2008 model, just before the UK facelift version when they started putting the MyGIG system in these cars. So I have a really outdated version of the infotainment system atm. I've attached a photo of my cars centre console so you can see what I mean.

Anyway I'm making this post because I've seen a few touchscreen replacements at various prices for sale, and I was wondering if anyone who has put a touchscreen infotainment system in this car could point my in the right direction for one that works well and can preferably incorporate the steering wheel buttons too.

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition, 5.7 RWD
3 Posts
Hi,
I have Joying unit in my 2008 300C:

works good, sounds as good as the factory unit (at least to my ears). I bought it on Amazon, not always available there.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi,
I have Joying unit in my 2008 300C:

works good, sounds as good as the factory unit (at least to my ears). I bought it on Amazon, not always available there.
Looks cool - What unit did this replace? pics of it installed?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks!
That stock unit looks like the same Mygig unit that I have now. Looks like the new unit fits directly into the same opening which is what I need. Any complaints or issues with it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
To the OP, google 'Android radio 300c' and you will likely find several similar options. Some even come with a replacement bezel to accommodate a slightly different size head unit. You can also upgrade to the Mygig unit but it's a pain and not without it's own issues (I know because I did it)

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler 300C Heritage Edition, 5.7 RWD
3 Posts
Thanks!
That stock unit looks like the same Mygig unit that I have now. Looks like the new unit fits directly into the same opening which is what I need. Any complaints or issues with it?
So far works good. Use it mostly in Car Play mode.
Preinstalled radio app: UI could be a bit better, but it works just fine.
So, have no real complaints.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, I've been doing a few upgrades to my 300c CRD this year. One of the next things I wish to upgrade is the user interface in the centre console. My car is a 2008 model, just before the UK facelift version when they started putting the MyGIG system in these cars. So I have a really outdated version of the infotainment system atm. I've attached a photo of my cars centre console so you can see what I mean.

Anyway I'm making this post because I've seen a few touchscreen replacements at various prices for sale, and I was wondering if anyone who has put a touchscreen infotainment system in this car could point my in the right direction for one that works well and can preferably incorporate the steering wheel buttons too.

Thanks
View attachment 175107
This would be before Mygig , 2005/2007
I have updated my 2005 Magnum by swapping wires from 2005 connector to a 2008 up Mygig connector.
Only the power and ground are different terminal so I just spliced into them .
When I power it up , it was not playing , since I had a 2009 amplifier on hand I swapped it and it worked.
All is working with my RHB 430n except the clock is not showing on radio because CCN (cluster) does not recognize it.
It also turn on showing only the Uconnect logo , no Dodge logo on start up. I am in the midst of adding HFM (hands free module) factory module with factory mirror with integrated mics. I have activated the HFM with Appcar .
I have not tested my original amplifier again and see if with Appcar I could activate it with the Mygig radio.
The annoyance is to find a base style bezel and cut to fit. You can see my poor skills at cutting the bezel For a 300 , the real 2008/2010 bezel might fit right away. You also win an extra phone pocket just above the ashtray.
Car Automotive design Satellite radio Radio Steering part

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.