Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on my way home from vegas, when a new slk amg lines up next 2 me and hes lookin over at me smiling. he thinks hes all bad with his MB. he has a girl on the passenger side. and i have 3 other people in my car.!!! i was about to enter the freeway and just go home, but this guy come flying by me!!!

I decide i needed to show this guys wat SRT8 means!!!
we line up and i look at him. he has a big grin on his face..
im kinda nervous cause i didnt wanna lose. but hey i have 3 other people..
he hits it, and i hit it and were neck 2 neck thats until i slap it into 3rd and i start pullin sick!!!
a freakin bus pulls up on my lane i had to cut him off!!..
i waited for him to come up again, but i guesses he didnt wanna get embarassed again.. LoL

i love my car!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
you mean the slk 55?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Hey jmoney!
You humor me wiith your stories that I have to wonder if you are for real. It seems that you're all over the map with your racing escapades. I know you're young and enjoying life to the fullest, but, when do you find time to work in order to support your SRT-8 habits?? Regardless, I'm glad you are having the time of your life.

bruno

·
Registered
612 Posts
quit picking on those baby amg's...they don't know any better. ;)

the slk amg only has 268hp while the newer slk55 amg only has 360 so neither one has much of chance against an srt8.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bruno said:
Hey jmoney!
You humor me wiith your stories that I have to wonder if you are for real. It seems that you're all over the map with your racing escapades. I know you're young and enjoying life to the fullest, but, when do you find time to work in order to support your SRT-8 habits?? Regardless, I'm glad you are having the time of your life.

bruno
hey bruno,

my stories are %100 real LoL

lemme tell you guys wat i do!! LoL
i go to las vegas for 2 days every other week to help run a family business(i go there to handle account recieveables etc.)
i also sell shoes!! LoL i make pretty good money. i buy rare nikes such as dunks, and jordans for really cheap and sell then really high!!

the rest of the time im free in the evenings. i handle alot of errands for my parents and that usually take me 2-3 hours a day and the rest of the time im free. thats why i go all over the place from vegas, sandiego, hollywood etc.

it is a hard habit to fuel.. but i really wanted this car for a longtime and i juss basically did wat ever i needed to do to get it and keep it..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
srt8danno said:
Glad to see you’re out having fun once again and the car troubles are no more. Way to go!:fing02:
thanks man just trying to have fun!! and show people that SRT-8 isnt no regular 300

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Fair enough, jmoney! Thanks for the explanation of your two jobs. Seems that you're doing well enough so I must say Touche' and keep on zig-zagging.

bruno

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
chiromikey said:
quit picking on those baby amg's...they don't know any better. ;)

the slk amg only has 268hp while the newer slk55 amg only has 360 so neither one has much of chance against an srt8.
How can you say that? The SLK55 is nearly 1000 lbs lighter! That seems to be quite a good power-to-weight ratio. It's 0-60 is under 5 seconds. Actually, C&D says 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, 1/4 in 12.7 and 0.91g on the skidpad. I know it's just magazine numbers but no magazine has ever gotten an SRT8 to perform those numbers. All I'm saying is an SLK55 is no slouch and definitely is in the same ballpark as an SRT8.

BTW, jmoney, nice kill!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
330toSRT8 said:
How can you say that? The SLK55 is nearly 1000 lbs lighter! That seems to be quite a good power-to-weight ratio. It's 0-60 is under 5 seconds. Actually, C&D says 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, 1/4 in 12.7 and 0.91g on the skidpad. I know it's just magazine numbers but no magazine has ever gotten an SRT8 to perform those numbers. All I'm saying is an SLK55 is no slouch and definitely is in the same ballpark as an SRT8.

BTW, jmoney, nice kill!
thanks and yes it was the slk55 not da lil brother..

·
Registered
818 Posts
Great story.. Good Kill!!
I really like a good story.

100s of stories I have are from my SLP Firehawk you see on the Avatar.

So many experiences from good to bad to weird.
Running into all sorts of cars and people.
Even had one where a chopper and 5 police cars were behind me, when I pulled over...
LOL and No I did not get arrested :p

Man, I wish I was a bit younger and had a 300c SRT8... So much more fun and stupid and crazy stories I would of had to share on this board.. LOL
You would of seen a ton of kills to some losses, to some fun runs.. Hehe!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chase023 said:
Great story.. Good Kill!!
I really like a good story.

100s of stories I have are from my SLP Firehawk you see on the Avatar.

So many experiences from good to bad to weird.
Running into all sorts of cars and people.
Even had one where a chopper and 5 police cars were behind me, when I pulled over...
LOL and No I did not get arrested :p

Man, I wish I was a bit younger and had a 300c SRT8... So much more fun and stupid and crazy stories I would of had to share on this board.. LOL
You would of seen a ton of kills to some losses, to some fun runs.. Hehe!
lLOL man i have other crazy stories like running away form the cops 4 times!! and never getting caught!! LoL once with my black 300c and 3 with my srt8 lol..

i always look for races when i go out, but no one ever wants to run when i lookin for it!!!... and when i least expect it they do!! well it doesnt matter i still kick there ass..

by da way nice lookin car you have there!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
jmoney said:
lLOL man i have other crazy stories like running away form the cops 4 times!! and never getting caught!! LoL once with my black 300c and 3 with my srt8 lol..
Ok, now we're getting to the really good stories! Please continue....:biggrin:

·
Registered
612 Posts
330toSRT8 said:

BTW, jmoney, nice kill!
i say that because the slk55 is not quite as light as you think...3500+ lbs and most magazines aren't reporting it to be as fast as c&d. it's still very quick but i don't think it's on par with it's big brothers.

you're right though, the new slk55 is actually in the same ballpark, my bad.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL

when i first got my srt 8 i was crusing down valley at about 3pm. i was going about 50 den some guy cuts me off!! so i chase after his P.O.S. civic and cut him off!! i was going about 80 when a freakin cop from the other side of the streets see me and turn off his lights!! i juss hit it and i got to 100 and the come was coming so i juss stomp da **** out of my car till 130+ and he starts ta let ease up i like freakin 30+ cars ahead i turn in to some warehouse and park in one of them after 5 mins i hear a helicopter!! and im ****ting my self so i stay there for like 1 hour!!

ANother time coming home from a friends house. 2am down amar. i was going about 80 and a freakin cop car was parked on the otherside!! i didnt see him.!! so i slowed down to see if he noticed me !! sure enough he did! he turns around and starts flashing his lights!!
at this time im debating whether to stop and get a 300 ticket or run and have a great story (if i get away) and sure enough i chose to run!!
from 40mph i hit my gas until im was goin 80-90 i kinda wait for him to see it hes going to chase me. he starts coming up quick so i make a sharp right turn on a residencial street(shadow oak my esp was off) at about 50 and im drifting!! lol when i hit the turn i stomp again to 100 the slowed down to make a right turn.. then i stop away again!! then i was going to a major street but i heard sirens and it was red so i turn off my lights and wat do you know i see 2 cop cars flying by!! right when they pass me i hit it and i slowed down to see if they were turning!! they did so i hit it again and i never looked back until i got home and put my baby in the garage!!

i have another one but theres always nexttime LOL

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
chiromikey said:
i say that because the slk55 is not quite as light as you think...3500+ lbs and most magazines aren't reporting it to be as fast as c&d. it's still very quick but i don't think it's on par with it's big brothers.

you're right though, the new slk55 is actually in the same ballpark, my bad.
Here are the numbers incase anyone is curious (according to manufacturer):
SLK55
curb weight: 3395.7 lbs
lbs/HP: 9.4325

300C SRT8
curb weight: 4046
lbs/HP: 9.52

I know there's more to performance than just lbs/HP, but this at least shows they're similar.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
you're right

chiromikey said:
and most magazines aren't reporting it to be as fast as c&d.
you are exactly right. Most rags can't run with C&D's numbers!

They really resonate with the true enthusiast mindset for exactly that reason. They will call it exactly what it is.

They were also the only car rag to call the new GT500 about 55 HP short!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts