Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I work at a used car dealership. Our mechanic said he thinks it might just need a pcm reflash. Cheaper then a new pcm here it’s about 135
Well if thats the case then i might as well send mine to the dealership and do a reflash but getting a new PCM would be better as it would be newer and have the latest software installed. A reflash is basically a tune up. I have a HP tuner device and software and i trying to learn how can i do tunes etc.

But talking about our issue, its more related to PCM, mine has alot of miles on it around 212,000 miles so it makes sense that maybe the PCM is going, i also notice the dashboard lights flicker lightly and that could be PCM issue too. I would stick to buying a new PCM as it comes with lifetime warranty where as the dealer will rip you off for a new one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sounded right when he said it and mine has 129k on it but my lights flicker every so often but I have 2 12s in the back and it’ll only flicker when bass is going. Does randomly flicker when they are uninstalled. Is hp tuners good? I wonder with the reflash if they will update it to the latest?
might just get new pcm anyways

·
Registered
'05 300c Blondie
151 Posts
"...have the latest software installed... stick to buying a new PCM as it comes with lifetime warranty..."

Don't think they're new. Every place I've looked into which appeared to be selling new units are actually remanufactured. Some significant price differences prompted my inquiries. That said, there is the lifetime warranty so if that gives you piece of mind... just don't forget that they're talking about the lifetime of their company.

I stand to be corrected, but if the dealer is re-flashing your unit, then they would be using the latest version/image available... they're not just plugging in and tuning/adjusting to preset specs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"...have the latest software installed... stick to buying a new PCM as it comes with lifetime warranty..."

Don't think they're new. Every place I've looked into which appeared to be selling new units are actually remanufactured. Some significant price differences prompted my inquiries. That said, there is the lifetime warranty so if that gives you piece of mind... just don't forget that they're talking about the lifetime of their company.

I stand to be corrected, but if the dealer is re-flashing your unit, then they would be using the latest version/image available... they're not just

I stand to be corrected, but if the dealer is re-flashing your unit, then they would be using the latest version/image available... they're not just plugging in and tuning/adjusting to preset specs.
I called the dealer today they preset it to factory flash that came with the car at least the dodge dealer does where I’m at and to update would cost anywhere from 35-85 depending on the file update size is what they told me.
Cel came back on for 02 codes today
Now instead of bank 1 and bank 2 is only bank one p0032
H02s heater control circuit high bank 1 sensor 1

·
Registered
225 Posts
Easiest is to upload to YouTube, then share the link here.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
When i first start the car, cold start, the car misfires and shakes / vibrates alot and it takes ages for it to warm up because of the misfire. once its warmed up its okay

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Cats are new I repalced the gutted cats on stock pipes to hi-flow ones but that’s not the issue, before all this I replaced manifold gaskets myself and spark plugs too, had the injectors cleaned out also, could it be a leak somewhere? My tuner picked out an exhaust leak on drivers side after showing him the logging I recorded. Also another mechanic saw bank 1,3,5,7 too rich. What do you suggest I should check?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would check cats. Being its only on one side. B2 S1 since it before cats. Do you hear a super loud ticking when you start the car.
I do hear a ticking but it’s sounds more like fuel injectors or lifters sounds is noticeable more at a drive through after being warmed up vs when starting. I’m going to hollow out my cats and see what it does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You’re correct they don’t, but that symptom seems to be the same.
But on another possible point to check, maybe you have leaking injector(s), so it’s slowly bleeding off fuel and creating a fouled plug until the engine can power through it and burn it off. Just throwing out ideas. Can’t hurt to clean them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You’re correct they don’t, but that symptom seems to be the same.
But on another possible point to check, maybe you have leaking injector(s), so it’s slowly bleeding off fuel and creating a fouled plug until the engine can power through it and burn it off. Just throwing out ideas. Can’t hurt to clean them.
If the injectors were leaky wouildn't they actually be leaking? or do you mean air leak? I had them cleaned out by a workshop already.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts