Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang,

Here are two interesting questions. If DCX didn't greenlight the 300 and Magnum due to lack of interest on the Auto Show circuit, what car or cars would you have considered instead? (Foreign, Domestic)

Second question, If Chrysler only offered the 300 and Magnum in just the V6 platform (2.7 or 3.5 or some other displacement that would handle the weight) would you have considered the car, or would you buy something with a V8.

I look foreward to be hearing from the group soon.

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As far as my answers, they would be tough ones. I would definitely want something that wouldn't take me to the cleaners at the fuel pump. (I would definitely stick with domestic) and something that would be pretty reasonable to operate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I started thinking about a new car back in '03 (I usually think about this stuff a year or two in advance....I'm so indecisive), I was leaning toward saving up my money getting a BMW or a Lexus. I had a Convert. Sebring that I loved, just didn't want to buy another one, wanted something different.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
1.) I was already considering the Infiniti FX45 but would have probably gone for the C6 Corvette... The 300C pulled me away and I've never looked back

2.) Nothing less than a V8 for me past, present or future!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I would've stayed within the Cadillac family. I traded my 96 STS for the 300C. I kept the STS because nothing else really appealed to me until I saw the 300C. I would've either went with a new 05 STS(V8) or possibly a GTO. I would not have considered anything without a V8 and at least 300 HP. All I've ever driven is V8's with the exception my Chevy blazer which had the 4.3 liter V6.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
1a) BMWs {X5 4.8 or 745 or 545}
1b) Nissian/Infinity {Maxima/G35}

2) If the 6s were built the way they are now, the answer is no.
- no manual or autostick
- no MDS
- different suspension

·
Registered
79 Posts
As demented as this sounds....2 of the higher up on my want list were RWD and a cast iron engine block. The 300c had both of these and were what really got me in for a test drive. Was not impressed at all with the other car options out there for the $. Would still be driving my 18 year old Pontiac (which at 300K miles, still has a real nice ride).

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would probably have kept my Audi. I was thoroughly enjoying it. At the most, I would have sold it to the friend who owns it now, and bought a newer one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
There wasn't anything out there too appealing to me at the time. I enjoyed my big lumbering Grand Marquis that I hade before this car. But, I was sucked in like all of us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was looking a the Mercury Marauder for 2 years. Liked the big car big engine feel but always felt it didn't have the HP for the $'s. I ended up with the 300C because of the higher HP and more options.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
We don't get a broad range of choices in Australia that you get in North America, so the alternatives are limited.

Last year I was planning ahead and reckoned on the Holden Monaro (Pontiac GTO), but the Holden Special Vehicles (HSV) improved GTS with the Callaway modified engine (411 HP). HSV now have released their latest range and they now are fitted with the LS2 6.1 litre and their volume seller Coupe, the GTO now has 407 HP on tap, even without the Callaway upgrade.

I am sold on the 300C and will be patient for the October/November ETA.

·
Registered
134 Posts
haven't bought a car in a decade so i have no real sense of the current market place

QUESTION: what other car(s) - magnum exepted - would be closest 300C substitute(s), using ALL of the following criteria:

1- must be 4 door
2- similar size interior & exterior
3- similar performance
4- similar price (mid 30's)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
raka said:
QUESTION: what other car(s) - magnum exepted - would be closest 300C substitute(s), using ALL of the following criteria:

1- must be 4 door
2- similar size interior & exterior
3- similar performance
4- similar price (mid 30's)
From a HEMI aspect....
Simply, NOTHING

·
Registered
575 Posts
I probably would have ended up with an Acura TL. About the same price with decent performance and great interior. I'm just glad the rear wheel drive Hemi showed up on the market when it did.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
C-Man said:
I probably would have ended up with an Acura TL. About the same price with decent performance and great interior. I'm just glad the rear wheel drive Hemi showed up on the market when it did.
I forgot to add that to my list, a fine choice and very fast, 6.3 and 14.8 @96.6, the same R&T road test summary lists the C at 5.6 and 14.1 @101, braking from 60 is 123 TL and 126 300C.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts