Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I got my car tinted a little while ago, but I have seen a lot of posts in this forum with cars of 20% and 35% so I thought I would throw up pics of my car. I went all out and got the limo tint (5%). I think the car looks awesome. The tint is nonmetallic ceramic because I didn't want any problems with my nav.

Attachments

·
Banned
651 Posts
That is absolutly done right! i found it hard to see at night out the side windows with limo tint so after my fix-it ticket i went with 20% it looks just as dark and works great at night

·
Registered
859 Posts
thats what i need cuz the sun is eating up my custom interior!!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks great man. Now when you drive its like youre in a room if you know what I mean. The cops would eat us alive with tint that dark on our cars down here haha

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The legal limit is 35% here is georgia, but I also live in new york where they are very strict with 70% or something crazy like that. I haven't had any cops pull me over yet (knock on wood) but I had my last car tinted to 20% and get pulled over in NY, I just explain to the cop why I had the tint that dark and told him that he could look through my car and that was good enough to get out of the ticket. I'm also sure not driving like a idiot also helps my case.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah I got 5% all the way around and at night i actually had people try to look in my car with me sitting inside it. I chose to got 5% because I don't want the jackboys aka thieves being able to see what I have. But whenever I go out of state i usually drive with my windows down a tad just incase the cops are out looking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I dont know about other neighboring states but here in Louisiana the popo's know that if you have texas plates that tinting like that is legal there. But If I were to do that with Louisiana Tags... I would get a nice little certificate to pay a fine or show up in court. But it does look nice!

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Too dark for me... 35% is legal limit here in WV.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Hey guys, I got my car tinted a little while ago, but I have seen a lot of posts in this forum with cars of 20% and 35% so I thought I would throw up pics of my car. I went all out and got the limo tint (5%). I think the car looks awesome. The tint is nonmetallic ceramic because I didn't want any problems with my nav.
I just noticed something odd about your car. Your profile says you have a 2008, but I don't see the fishing pole on the roof. Did you Photoshop it out or have it removed?

I agree with Tim that 5% is too dark for me though. Daytime would be fine, but I imagine at night it's pretty dark.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Too dark here as well, thanks to laws. However, it looks GREAT!!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
that looks great. I was going to do 5% but got 15% instead after a few people told me 5% was too dark and would look sketch. Looking back, I should have done 5%. Doh! I gotta listen to myself more!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I just noticed something odd about your car. Your profile says you have a 2008, but I don't see the fishing pole on the roof. Did you Photoshop it out or have it removed?
Bernie
Bernie

You see it is not as much of eyesore as some claim. :) Actually replacing it with 2" stub antenna makes everything look perfect. However, it affects weaker FM stations a bit but still works out reasonably well. AM almost no effect. I guess in warmer climates it is must be noticeable than in north.

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I have the fishing pool there, just look at the picture closer, it blends in with the background
You're right! It's blending in with the sign.

Bernie

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have had 5% for dang near 4 years on my car, and it still looks sweet, however, I think that 20% is perfect tint. Still pretty dark with perfect night visibility.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You are all lame. I have a %0 tint on all my windows. I mounted a camera in my grill, and drive by looking at the forward view on the nav unit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts