Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this for a year now, since I got my 300. Do you think the arrangement of buttons intentionally mimics the Chrysler wing logo? I know what you are thinking, that I am a deep thinker who contemplates life's mysteries. This is one of them. Just curious. :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I've been thinking about this for a year now, since I got my 300. Do you think the arrangement of buttons intentionally mimics the Chrysler wing logo? I know what you are thinking, that I am a deep thinker who contemplates life's mysteries. This is one of them. Just curious. :unsure:
I never noticed that, but I think you're on to something. Chrysler is big enough to afford designers who might have thought of this. But whoever that was didn't finish thinking through the analog clock face that looks like an afterthought to me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I once owned an Asian car, and the buttons were horizontal. Perhaps a bit up on the ends. It kept me up at night thinking it was looking at me all the way home. Could it have been dead relative? Woo. And sometimes I do care.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I never noticed that, but I think you're on to something. Chrysler is big enough to afford designers who might have thought of this. But whoever that was didn't finish thinking through the analog clock face that looks like an afterthought to me.
Chrysler seems (as I do) enjoy the retro look. The dash is void of all the blinking lights like my daughter's vehicle. Kids like the shiny stuff. The clock is very old school, and not an afterthought. It is purposely there to remind us of the heritage. I am old enough to remember clocks in cars that stopped working a few miles down the road after driving them off the lot new. My 2013 worked flawlessly on the day I traded it in in 17. My 17 and 19 work fine. I hate the new dash look in other cars.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Chrysler seems (as I do) enjoy the retro look... The clock is very old school, and not an afterthought. It is purposely there to remind us of the heritage. I am old enough to remember clocks in cars that stopped working a few miles down the road after driving them off the lot new.
I'm with you on that one, particularly the part about the analog clock failing while there were many miles left on the old car. I think all of our cars had dead clocks. I do not object to the analog clock; merely it's placement. I never saw clocks on old cars being stuck where ours are.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Krell... the most incredible old science fiction movie. I just love our two 300 vehicles. We were always Buick, high end land ships LeSabreas ..... My first Chrysler was a.300 in 2013 and that 13 clock worked. Now have a 18 and a 19 and never looked back. And we are young but old farts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts