Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 9006 bulbs are a perfect fit, no modification necessary. I swapped in some 9006 Silver Star ZXEs last night, love them! They are very close in color to the white LED DRL's and the light output is MUCH better as well. Sorry for the lousy pic, iPhone cameras don't do well in the dark (and rain). Hopefully you can get somewhat of an idea of the contrast between the lows and the OEM fogs though. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it, I’ll try to take some better pics when the weather clears up. I bought my bulbs off ebay brand new for $35 but you can get them for about $60 locally. This is a great alternative for those of us who don’t want to go through the hassle/expense of an HID conversion.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The 9006 bulbs are a perfect fit, no modification necessary. I swapped in some 9006 Silver Star ZXEs last night, love them! They are very close in color to the white LED DRL's and the light output is MUCH better as well. Sorry for the lousy pic, iPhone cameras don't do well in the dark (and rain). Hopefully you can get somewhat of an idea of the contrast between the lows and the OEM fogs though. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it, I’ll try to take some better pics when the weather clears up. I bought my bulbs off ebay brand new for $35 but you can get them for about $60 locally. This is a great alternative for those of us who don’t want to go through the hassle/expense of an HID conversion.

That's awesome new! How hard is it to swap out the bulbs?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Piece of cake! Of course I was replacing the headlights at the same time. :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just offering this an alternative, not saying either way is better than the other. I know that my experience with HID conversions was exact opposite though. I bought a $35 Xentec kit for my ’11 Kia Optima and it was nothing but trouble. I had to replace 3 bulbs and 2 ballasts within 6 months, not to mention the random flickering and the horrible scattered light output through the halogen projectors. I finally gave up on them and put the halogen bulbs back in. It could’ve just been a poor quality kit, but a coworker of mine bought a more expensive kit (forget the brand) for his Audi and he’s had nothing but trouble with his as well. As for the Silverstars not lasting, I had heard rumors about that as well but the set of ZXEs I had in my Jeep lasted 1.5 yrs with no issues before I sold it so I’m not going to believe it until I see it. The one thing that can’t be argued though is the ease of installation and less cluttered engine bay. I’d much rather swap a couple bulbs than run all that wiring, mount the ballasts, etc. Not to mention having to drill holes in the dustcaps to run the wiring through, is that still necessary?

·
Registered
204 Posts
so i was right about the 9006 size months ago...?

are you gonna change the fogs.

with the crappy picture you posts LOL it looks awesome?

·
Registered
120 Posts
ya those high wattage halogens don't last long. A year at most. Even the manufacturer states clearly that these type of halogen's a very short lived compared to the oem halogen's.

I prefer halogen's as well due to the simple plug and play but HID is still the best for longevity.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OP, do you have the auction to post? i found some for around $30 but i wanna confirm they are exact same. id like to buy these ASAP

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been looking around for a video or walkthrough on replacing the bulbs. But I can't find anything except for the 1st Gen 300s

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how was installation? didnt have to remove anything, correct?

are you gonna do the fogs? :grouphug:
Installation was easy but then I had the headlights off the car. :) It looks like you can do the pass. side without removing anything but you'll most likely have to remove the airbox on the driver's side, not sure what else.

Yes I do plan on replacing the fogs, wish I had done that while I had the bumper off. :smashfrea

·
Registered
131 Posts
Went to autozone. Bought the 9006

It did not fit ! That rectangular shape thing wouldnt let the bulb go into the projector... the 9005 did fit but couldnt plug the cables to the bulb socket

·
Registered
204 Posts
Went to autozone. Bought the 9006

It did not fit ! That rectangular shape thing wouldnt let the bulb go into the projector... the 9005 did fit but couldnt plug the cables to the bulb socket
so you bought the same set as OP? :irked:

i was literally 2 seconds away from ordering them on ebay, glad i stopped in here

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes, they were 60 bucks...

It's hard to explain without pics... but the 9006 has a rectangular part just under the glass part of the bulb that wouldnt go in the projector because the projector's socket is circular...mines a 2013 tho, ops is 2012

On the other hand, the 9005 fits perfectly but cant connect to the cable because the sockets are different.

So if you could find a 9006 to 9005 cable adaptor then you could do it

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I can't believe the sockets would be different from 12 to 13, both years have the same bulb listed. The tabs on the 9006 are slightly different but I tried both an OEM 9006 and the Silverstar 9006 and they were a perfect, snug fit in both my OEM headlights and the aftermarket TYC lights. Can you post a picture of the bulbs you bought?

Here are a couple pics of both the 9006 (left) and the 9012 (right).

Here is the packaging for my silverstars as well.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes same bulbs as yours, did not fit brother... if u can see in the second picture, the 9006 has a weird fat rectangular thingy under the glass which wouldnt go inside the projector... can you take a pic of the projector's socket ?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Empty socket....

9006 bulb inserted into socket....

9006 bulb locked into place....

1 - 20 of 136 Posts