Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car stalled a few months ago. It turned out to be the fuse for the ignition coil/ fuel injector was blown. I replaced it and the car was running great. Until recently the car turned on then stalled and won't turn back on because the ignition coil/fuel injector fuse keeps blowing when I try to start the car.
I know it's a short somewhere. How do I locate the short or is there any common shortages that occur on the this type of car?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car stalled a few months ago. It turned out to be the fuse for the ignition coil/ fuel injector was blown. I replaced it and the car was running great. Until recently the car turned on then stalled and won't turn back on because the ignition coil/fuel injector fuse keeps blowing when I try to start the car.
I know it's a short somewhere. How do I locate the short or is there any common shortages that occur on the this type of car?
Thanks for any advice.
Im haveing the same problem right now have u found out anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im haveing the same problem right now have u found out anything.
So I think i discovered the issue. The ground cable that goes from the pcm and goes down behind the motor on the passenger side and is bolted to the transmission fill tube. Mine was corroded and covered in green corrosion. I took it off and let it soak in Coca-Cola then wiped it off and remounted it. I also covered it in dielectric grease. I believe thats the ground the pcm uses to pulse the injectors. I havent had any issues since then. Before I found that ground issue i replaced the pcm, tipm, and even checked all injectors and coils but still had the issue. Once I cleaned that ground and reinstalled it the fuse popping and cutting off stopped. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,498 Posts
Might be worth connecting an additional ground from the tube to the car body?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Heres a pic of where the ground starts. Its right between the strut tower and where the pcm is located. Follow that ground to where it is bolted to the transmission fill tube bracket. Thats where my issue seems to have come from.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heres a pic of where the ground starts. Its right between the strut tower and where the pcm is located. Follow that ground to where it is bolted to the transmission fill tube bracket. Thats where my issue seems to have come from.
Thanks for the picture

1 - 8 of 8 Posts