Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the car off for a service & warranty work today and got a courtesy car - a top of the range Dodge Avenger.

Now, there are a lot of things to like about this car. It has a lot of good features similar to the 300 - an EVIC, heated leather seats, heated cup holder for Coffees or chiller for cold drinks.

After driving a 5.7L though (with CAI and cat back exhaust) then driving a 4 cyl - F#ck me dead!

I used to complain that the Hemi wasn't powerful enough. Never again will I complain! You don't realise how effortless the power supply is until you get back to the real world and drive a 4cyl again. And don't start me on the noise. The whiny scream of the engine struffling like an asthmatic is so annoying.

Don't get me wrong, it's got a lot of good points but man, I can't wait to get my car back!

·
Registered
783 Posts
The first time I saw the Avenger on the U.S website, I thought it was a pretty nice looking car. When I saw it in the metal at Nunawading Chrysler/Jeep I was really disappointed.

It looks passable from the outside but the cabin looks cheaper than a $2 whore. And you're right about the engine. Why the hell didn't we get the V6 version???? At least the V6 sport version would have some get up and go.
Once again Australia misses out.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Alot of the interiors look plastic and with a powerplant that couldn't pull a bandaid off a hairy leg makes it hard to buy!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I love my 300c but i've had it for nearly 2yrs now and i'm sortof thinking of trading up. Problem is, for the money the srt8 costs and delivers in way of performance, it's a ****in ****load of cash to get something a step above. I mean what's th obvious choice? I was gonna wait and go a camaro but i'm starting to get a feeling they might be built on the cheap. Other option is a second hand e55 but i dont like cars out of warranty especially those german things which over cost a grand to service let alone repairs. e63 is 200 second hand and that's too much for a coup[le of years i reckon.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
I love my 300c but i've had it for nearly 2yrs now and i'm sortof thinking of trading up. Problem is, for the money the srt8 costs and delivers in way of performance, it's a ****in ****load of cash to get something a step above. I mean what's th obvious choice? I was gonna wait and go a camaro but i'm starting to get a feeling they might be built on the cheap. Other option is a second hand e55 but i dont like cars out of warranty especially those german things which over cost a grand to service let alone repairs. e63 is 200 second hand and that's too much for a coup[le of years i reckon.
Come on Domenic, a man of your resources and booming business, why not go the Bentley?

European car cost horror stories are true, the TT has been in the 'shop for a week now waiting for a part. Quote is $2,560. Welcome to prestige motoring.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
When the day comes to replace my CRD, I dare not to say it would be a Ford Falcon G6E Turbo. Never buy the first brand new model, I shall wait a few years for the second series.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Come on Domenic, a man of your resources and booming business, why not go the Bentley?

European car cost horror stories are true, the TT has been in the 'shop for a week now waiting for a part. Quote is $2,560. Welcome to prestige motoring.
Your kidding mate my missus said that the other day, why dont you get a bentley sweety? I said yeah(?) what the hell crawled in your ear and is buzzing around breaking things? I looked at a 2nd hand one on carsales and it was $325,000 of course i keep that sort of dough usually in my ashtray but at the moment for some reason i'm coming up a little short of funds...

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I double parked the Avenger today whilst I was picking up office supplies and was approached by a bloke crossing the road. At first I thought I had parked him in but he said "nice car, a Dodge Avenger hey - you're pretty lucky". I told him it was a hire car and he said I was pretty lucky driving a car like that. I thought "Yeah, lucky I get to hand it back in a few days and get my car back!" :biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts