Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so I just bought my 300c last Thursday. its a red 07. I went through my display options on the speedometer and it had something about software I just want to know if mine is up to date or that's even something that matters. the guy who had the car before me was an older guy so I doubt he knew anything about updating it. I just want to make sure I have everything im supposed to have. thanks in advance for helping I don't know the software numbers it currently has but if you can put what you have or what im supposed to have ill be able to match it up

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I agree... I have heard of people with the 06 trying to get the update for the 0-100 timer but thats about all.

Reactions: Sim-Simma

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
I was told by chrysler that there is no update... The software she comes with is where she stays... It's not like a tcm flash for example.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
19,626 Posts
What he ^^^^ said. What you got is what you get. You can "update" some of the software with an aftermarket tuner, such as the DiabloSport Predator, InTune or Trinity. Performance oriented tunes are great additions to the car and actually can improve performance AND efficiency.

·
Registered
650 Posts
07's have no updates.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well, my software was updated. When I first hooked up my Predator it said I needed an OEM software update. The Predator would not let me do anything until the revised OEM software was installed. It was available on the Diablosport web site so I downloaded it and used the Predator to install it. The OEM revision and date changed to December 2005 on the EVIC. My car was built August 2005. Once done I could load the Diablosport tunes.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
Well, my software was updated. When I first hooked up my Predator it said I needed an OEM software update. The Predator would not let me do anything until the revised OEM software was installed. It was available on the Diablosport web site so I downloaded it and used the Predator to install it. The OEM revision and date changed to December 2005 on the EVIC. My car was built August 2005. Once done I could load the Diablosport tunes.
He's talking about the EVIC Software, not Diablosport programming which is able to be upgraded by the website. Trust me, you didn't upgrade your EVIC from the Diablosport website, it may have seemed that way, but the module for the EVIC would be updated via the canbus (if it could be), the Predator is not capable of talking that way. Your Calibration ID may change, but not the software...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts