Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a few years since I last owned an LX vehicle and I moved from England to Australia!

On Saturday I popped in to my local Chrysler dealer after seeing a stunning black SRT8 in the front of their lot (yes, luckily in Australia we can still buy a brand new SRT8!) and have agreed to buy a fully optioned 300 SRT8, very similar to the stock photo below.

Hoping to pick it up by this weekend and I am so excited, my biggest ever regret was selling my old 2007 SRT8!!

Stef

·
Registered
506 Posts
Very nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What are the performance figures? And cost ?
Here in Australia, $77,000 on the road at present (normally up around $83k I think) without any extras such as premium paint, extended leather and sunroof etc. I got mine for $77k inc the extended leather and sunroof pack, so on a straight GBP conversion, about 44,000GBP.

470BHP is the stated figure, 0-60MPH (100KMPH) low 4's

I can't for the life of me remember what I paid for my old 2007 SRT8 that I bought as an ex-demo back in 2008 in the UK.

Here in Aus, we have to pay the basic car price plus stamp duty (varies per state), motor vehicle tax (paid annually a bit like UK RFL/tax disc), luxury car tax (due on anything over $64k'ish) and also compulsory 3rd party insurance (again an annual thing) and then a small registration fee and licence plate fee.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....and this is what actually prompted me to look at one, I was on my way back home from the airport after a trip to San Francisco (where I saw and heard a couple of Charger Hellcats) and saw one of these on the freeway near where I live. New South Wales police have a handful of SRT Core's for Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice, are they equpped with the 6 piston/15.4"/390mm front brakes yet or are they still using the 4 pistons/360mm combo?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice, are they equpped with the 6 piston/15.4"/390mm front brakes yet or are they still using the 4 pistons/360mm combo?

Still the 4 piston/360mm. They do have a feature that lightly applies the brake in the wet and dries the discs (rotors), plus an anti-knockback feature that always ensures the pads are in the optimum position for braking.

I think the brakes on the SRT8 have always been pretty good, I seem to remember reading back around 2008 that they were more effective at braking than a Porsche 911 at the time.

Stef

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah they are good, just curious since the US Charger and Challenger Srt models have had the 6 pistons since 2015. The biggest complaint has been the oem rotor price but I finally found some aftermarket offerings for a lot cheaper. I did the swap with 8 piston AMG calipers and the 390mm mopar rotors.

The 6 pistons and 390mm rotors from the Charger/Challenger are a direct bolt on if you ever come across any. They fit on any srt8 from 2005 and up which is very cool.

How about wheel/tires, are they 9.5" wide with 275/40/20 or the 9" with 245 (or 255) /45?

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah they are good, just curious since the US Charger and Challenger Srt models have had the 6 pistons since 2015. The biggest complaint has been the oem rotor price but I finally found some aftermarket offerings for a lot cheaper. I did the swap with 8 piston AMG calipers and the 390mm mopar rotors.

The 6 pistons and 390mm rotors from the Charger/Challenger are a direct bolt on if you ever come across any. They fit on any srt8 from 2005 and up which is very cool.

How about wheel/tires, are they 9.5" wide with 275/40/20 or the 9" with 245 (or 255) /45?

9" with 245's all round. I can't remember if the 1st gen had staggered sizing or not?

Stef

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Awesome ride and welcome back to the fold. I'm doing a 2nd gen front end conversion, that's the bumper I need which you have and i need the part number. I wonder how I could get that?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts