Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a couple of days in the hospital, I'm back. They are concerned as I have a thin-walled annurism in my aorta. I have been lots of medication and strict guidlines. I have to hire someone to run the day-to-day business at my shops. It will be difficult as I love to work and am a hands-on boss.
The prayers and wishes meant so much to me as I had a friend check this forum for me. Even though none of you know what I look like or what kind of person I am, you selflessly sent wishes. This is greatly appreciated. When my wife read some, she cried and now understands my "addiction" to this forum.
I'll still be able to make basic decisions but my doctors (3 different ones) are afraid of a sudden rupture of which there is no recovery.

PS. We are still starting my 300C build next week for the show...I just won't be doing much myself. If ya'll don't mind, I still would like to put my 2 cents worth in this forum.

A very deep thank-you, Wes, Daytona Beach

·
Registered
198 Posts
Welcome back Wes. Hope your medications and doctors help with your condition, keep strong and listen to your docs. You still have more to contribute to this forum and more importantly to this world.
Aloha Keone

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
We are all very glad and releived to see that you are almost back to perfect running condition, no more of those marathon auto show builds...you know the ones that you dont leave the shop for 3 days so you can get the car done....either way im glad it wasnt too serious....

thom
Have a great weekend..im buried in about 3 feet of snow

·
Registered
824 Posts
Nice to have you back boss. I know I don't comment to much on the visual and performance threads but I think your work is A++ and I see you put a lot of heart and love in your work (not many pros do that anymore). God Bless Wes! :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Best wishes Wes. Doctors told my dad he probably had less than 5 years to live because of his artery problems when he was 39. He passed away a couple of years ago at age 80.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Wes, Nurse Linda checking in here....

First of all: Thank God you're home, you scared us!

Secondly: Please follow your doctor's orders, an aneurysm is nothing to take lightly. You're one of the lucky ones- you know; most don't... remember John Ritter? We are fortunate to live in an age when it is easier to be proactive about our own conditions and treatment, take advantage of all your resources.

Finally: Kiss your wife, hug your girls, drive your C and let go of your stress. We don't want you turning in your Chrysler wings for the eternal variety for a very, very long time!! ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Wes,

Glad your back man!

Take care of yourself - Hemee (as always) said it better than I can.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hope you are feeling better! Take care and God Bless!

Your friend,

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
wesexcellence said:
BTW I asked my dostors if I could be on this forum and they said if it releives stress, then yes. Good news for me, not so sure for others. lol
Now you listen to Nurse Linda, Wes.

Hey, if you really wanna chill out, come on up to Ottawa. I've got a place for you to stay. I'll go to Daytona and help run your shop for a while....:D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Northern Rider said:
Now you listen to Nurse Linda, Wes.

Hey, if you really wanna chill out, come on up to Ottawa. I've got a place for you to stay. I'll go to Daytona and help run your shop for a while....:D
Sounds like I would literally "chill out".

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Glad to know you are back Wes, keep the faith brother we'll continue to pray for you and your doctors. Any plans to have surgery to correct this thing?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
II kings 9:20 said:
Glad to know you are back Wes, keep the faith brother we'll continue to pray for you and your doctors. Any plans to have surgery to correct this thing?
1 Doc wanted me to have surgery yesterday. 2 doctors say with medication I can put off surgery for awhile as long as I am regularly checked. We went for the advise of the 2 docs since my thin-wall is on the curved part of my aorta and could rupture during surgery. I will have to have it repaired within 10 years or so. As I get older it apparently is more dangerous.
I feel ok today but tire easily. The docs say I have to change my diet and stress levels immediately. So, yeah!!! lol Not much choices for tasty food.

PS. I was pretty scared but I was watched over. As I've heard "God must not be finished with me yet".

1 - 20 of 48 Posts