Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it today, The car isnt fully clean yet so... But here are pics looks clean im really glad i did it!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks good, I prefer the demolded clean look. Nice job.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just did my car today as well. I'm not where a camera is to take some pics but It looks tight! I'm a huge fan of the de-molded look. Good job my man!

·
Registered
465 Posts
i plan on doing it but i worry about door dings. someone already dinged my door above the trim and im fuming.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thats the only way to fly. I demoulded soon after purchasing my car & love it. I think your gonna get dings with or without mouldings. A cartjockey hit my car rounding up carts and it would have happened with our without mouldings. There are more trucks than cars here so their doors don't line up with the moudings anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Looks Clean!

What method did you use?

What's next?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks Clean!

What method did you use?

What's next?
I used WD-40 a blow dryer and fishing line, then goo gone to get the rest of the tape off. It was really easy! Next i have tail lights coming a rear custom emblem and i am still trying to find wheels.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
nice job....

·
Registered
683 Posts
It took me about 2.5 hours but I did a wash first and took a break for lunch while I let the WD-40 soak in. You probably just need about an hour or so.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It took me about 2.5 hours but I did a wash first and took a break for lunch while I let the WD-40 soak in. You probably just need about an hour or so.
I didn't use the hair dryer because it suddenly stopped working when I went to use it but it was warm enough in the shop I just simply used fishing line to take the trim off and then just used my finger nail to get the leftover addhesive off. Never thought about using WD-40. Used goo gone, washed, polished and buffed her up good and boy am I impressed!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Looks great i cant wait to have mine off!!!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep that was one of the first thing i did.. very nice look imop....now my i suggest getting your side markers color matched...thats really hot....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts