Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to let some steam out. So here I go. Door dings are one of my biggest pet peeves. A door ding is like having a big zit on your face for everyone to see. So, I go above and beyond to try not to park next to anyone so I don't get any door dings. I always try to park far away and try to get a corner spot. Of course that does not always happen. I just noticed a ding in my passenger side door yesterday. It's not even that bad but just the thought of it, really bugs me. IT'S JUST RUDE. I am always careful not to hit other people's door. Why aren't other people careful? I hope that person burns in hell. OK, maybe that's going too far but it would make me feel better. Does anyone know a good paintless dent remover in the 818 area?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I just need to let some steam out. So here I go. Door dings are one of my biggest pet peeves. A door ding is like having a big zit on your face for everyone to see. So, I go above and beyond to try not to park next to anyone so I don't get any door dings. I always try to park far away and try to get a corner spot. Of course that does not always happen. I just noticed a ding in my passenger side door yesterday. It's not even that bad but just the thought of it, really bugs me. IT'S JUST RUDE. I am always careful not to hit other people's door. Why aren't other people careful? I hope that person burns in hell. OK, maybe that's going too far but it would make me feel better. Does anyone know a good paintless dent remover in the 818 area?
I feel your pain but don't sweat it...find a good person and he'll probably be able to fix it under $100. I too always park far away but some idiot will always park next to me.

I was like that with my front fascia when I first got the car but with all the rocks and road debris I've learned to live with the minor stuff...good luck

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
I swear a lot of people do it intentionally just like keying. Then there's the women who have no idea who carelessly fling their doors open so they can get their fat asses out of their own car.

Bernie

·
Registered
118 Posts
I almost always park far & out of the way, and usually there is a pickup so large it can't fit all the way in the spot, next to me. Either that, or an old, crappy minivan that looks like it should have been abandoned in the city.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
How about when you food shopping, dont you love the people that leave there cart in the middle of the lot when there done shopping and the wind takes the cart into someones car or they just push the cart towards someones car i see it all the time.There to lazy just to walk the cart to where it belongs.It sucks thats why i take my other car when the wife wants to go shopping.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I feel ya Frankieo......That's what happened to me a few months after i got my car. I waited in my car while my wife was shopping...and BAM!!!! a fricken shopping cart came rolling and hit the back of my car. It left a small dent near the rear bumper. I couldn't sleep for about a week......but after a while I got over it. The dent is not noticeable, but I know it's there.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
DentPro paintless dent repair offers a 20% discount to AAA Members. You will need to check to see if you have an authorized repair service in your area. I'm sure someone else can suggest a reputable provider in the SFV.

Another thing to consider regarding door dings are parents who allow their little kids to carelessly push open the car door when getting out of the vehicle.

bruno

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the damage. You should be able to get it repaired though.

I'm the same way. I also always park somewhere far away from other cars whenever possible. I'll walk an extra 50 yards or so just so my car is less likely to get dinged.

Shortly after I bought my SRT8, I went to the mall and parked far away from the entrance, about 50 yards away from everyone. When I was getting close to the mall entrance after walking away from my car, I looked back and noticed someone had pulled right up next to my car. I was like WTF, so I stood there for a minute and watched. I think they were just checking out my car because they drove away after a little while. I'm fortunate that there is plenty of parking where I work, and it is easy to find a close spot away from other cars.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
you think you got it bad!,in the UK the parking spaces are much smaller than yours,ours are spaced for smaller cars than the "C",but as the "C" is quite rare here,everybody is scared to park next to it.lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
I used to park far away from others but goherd90's right, some idiot will park next to you. I just try and stay away from 2 door cars since their doors are longer.
Oh and definately stay away from 99-and up V6 Mustangs...those are usually driven by young females who will just swing open their door without any consideration for the car next to them. Mainly because their either yapping on the phone or texting their bff.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If you live near the Cincinnati OH area, Dent Wizard does a great job with minor door dings.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Check the Yellow Pages for dent removal services. I had a large(to me) dent removed from my left front door that some moron left for me. The dent removal guy used some specialized tools to "massage" the dent out from inside the door, withour removing panels. It took him about 30 minutes and the repair is undetectable. Good luck.

·
Registered
90 Posts
As much time as we all spend in the far outer reaches of parking lots, we should form some kind of special sub club so we can at least enjoy life on the edge! And while we're all out there, maybe we could assign one of our members to watch all of our cars while we are away - and take turns on watch. If the lookout gets to carry a bazooka to ward off prospective door dingers, I'm sure the position would be very popular! :arms:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts