Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys - I need your help. I'm looking at selling my 06 300C and buying another one but I can't decide whether to buy another brand new 5.7 or an 18 month old SRT8.

I don't really want to spend much more than low $60's and I've noticed a few SRT8's around for this kind of money.

I'm one of those blokes that likes buying brand new, but I'm just so tempted by the SRT8. Second hand is my only option though on the SRT8 with my budget.

Please help me decide!!!!

I look forward to your responses.:biggrin:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi AussieHemi

If there is no urgency to sell the 06 300C why not wait ( & save a while) and go for the SRT8 new.

Is there much difference between the 06 & 08 300C? enough difference to keep you smiling & justify the expense?
Not knowing your circumstances & from what you've said (read prefer) I think you'll be much happier with SRT8 :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi AussieHemi

Another thought. If the 06 300C is in good nick why not do all the RDP mods & you'll have a car with much more WOW! factor than standard SRT8.
Would cost less than changer price I imagine :fing02:

Now I got you thinkin' :biggrin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you know the history of the SRT-8. how hard was it driven, raced, modifications , are you getting any balance of warranty.Go new 2008 c as there is plenty of fun in the 5.7 and with MDS better gas milage at 4.00 a gallon for 89 gas or 4.25 a gallon for 91 gas by the summer.IF you are going to be a weekend racer (at the track of coarse , not on the streets) go with the SRT-8 thats what these cars are for.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Shane, I am surprised to hear you are ready to refresh your 300C.

Be warned, if you drive a SRT8 I suspect you will be hooked.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Hi AussieHemi

If there is no urgency to sell the 06 300C why not wait ( & save a while) and go for the SRT8 new.

Is there much difference between the 06 & 08 300C? enough difference to keep you smiling & justify the expense?
Not knowing your circumstances & from what you've said (read prefer) I think you'll be much happier with SRT8 :)

Cheers.
That is very good advice Jaffa. Buying a new car (or even a used one) often just hurts what you will have available for the future. The taxes alone make for a nice downpayment. I know a couple of people that pay more in sales taxes on their cars than I spend on my ACTUAL CARS. Saving for the future is always good advice, and ultimately you will be able to afford to spend more on something at a later time when the car will be even better.

Ok guys - I need your help. I'm looking at selling my 06 300C and buying another one but I can't decide whether to buy another brand new 5.7 or an 18 month old SRT8.

I don't really want to spend much more than low $60's and I've noticed a few SRT8's around for this kind of money.

I'm one of those blokes that likes buying brand new, but I'm just so tempted by the SRT8. Second hand is my only option though on the SRT8 with my budget.

Please help me decide!!!!

I look forward to your responses.:biggrin:
The 08 isn't that much better than the 06 model. If you like the interior of the 08, the MyGIG, and better fuel economy go for for the 08 300C. If you want better performance stock vs. stock, get the SRT8. I'm a little biased, but I like the firmer suspension and more powerful engine in the SRT8.

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you want speed, go with the SRT. they are great cars with all the styling of the C, and then some, plus the power to boot, as long as you arent worried about gas mileage...

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi AussieHemi

Another thought. If the 06 300C is in good nick why not do all the RDP mods & you'll have a car with much more WOW! factor than standard SRT8.
Would cost less than changer price I imagine :fing02:

Now I got you thinkin' :biggrin:
You know what mate - that is bloody good advice. I was considering doing this anyway, now you have me seriously thinking this is probably a smarter option (particularly financially).:) The power the RDP tune can get out of a 5.7 is pretty damn amazing. I do love the seats and brakes on the SRT8, but maybe I should just make do with my 5.7. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shane, I am surprised to hear you are ready to refresh your 300C.

Be warned, if you drive a SRT8 I suspect you will be hooked.
I think Jaffa may have swayed my decision - he makes a good argument!!

I think in a couple of years maybe I should then upgrade to the newer spec SRT8. Arghh!!! I'm so confused!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
SRT in the near future will be 525 hp plus. Plus it will look even better than it does now. But if you can get a good deal on a used SRT go for it.

Good luck mate!!

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SRT in the near future will be 525 hp plus. Plus it will look even better than it does now. But if you can get a good deal on a used SRT go for it.

Good luck mate!!
Thanks Moose. I think you guys have made my decision a bit easier.

I think i'll hang on to mine and wait a year or so till the new SRT8 arrives (whenever that may be).

Thanks so far for all your opinions!! That's what I love about this forum!

Keep em comin.:)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
hi shane id like to join and say......

I just love the seat's in SRT they so much more comfortable and my GF doesnt shout at me going around the corners abit fast as she does now in the V6, and the brakes yes they super cool i have always been a fan of them and also i like the front spoiler and rear spoiler too it makes the car abit more meaner looking..... and lets not forget ITS A BLOODY SRT8 WITH A 6.1 LTR ENGINE..... well these are the reasons why i got the SRT only 3-4 month after the V6 i shoudve actually taken a SRT for test drive back then instead of just goin for the V6... but its been great fun driving it no matter what size engine......

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hey mate, I was considering something similar. Then I got RDP'd haha and now my 5.7L hauls ass and no real need to upgrade just yet!! I am waiting on the newer SRT's to be released, whenever that is :biggrin:

Trust me Steve will have your Hemi humming and it will feel like a new car all over again!!!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I know you're mostly asking your countrymen, but...

You don't get the Lifetime Powertrain warranty, do you? If you did, that might be a strongly influencing factor for a C vs. the SRT8.

My bit... You've already got a fine car in your '06. I definitely wouldn't trade for an '08 unless you've got money to burn. If you can hold off two more years, the '10 Cs will likely have 380 hp with MDS and even better mileage than today's with 340 hp. You might even be seduced by a two-mode hybrid by then, with mileage equal to a Camry and the power (and everything else!) of a C +++.

The depreciation over the next two years will be much less than it has been over the last two. If you're burning for an SRT8, a trade could be understandable. Otherwise, I doubt you'll find the increased enjoyment from an '08 C worth anything close to the money it will cost you to change.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Trust me, a used SRT is better than a new 5.7!
I bought a new 300C drove it for 60K and traded for a used SRT w/16K miles, I love it!

·
Registered
544 Posts
A SRT8 with MDS would be one mean machine. Personally I would not buy a used SRT8 because you know they have had the hell run out of them.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Hey mate, I was considering something similar. Then I got RDP'd haha and now my 5.7L hauls ass and no real need to upgrade just yet!! I am waiting on the newer SRT's to be released, whenever that is :biggrin:

Trust me Steve will have your Hemi humming and it will feel like a new car all over again!!!
whats "RPD'd"????,is it a company that does something with the predator??

1 - 20 of 35 Posts