Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
simply amazing! if indeed the final result is anything like the one pictured (factory suicide doors!!) ive found my next car. i just cant wait to see more pictures!!
this car 'addiction' is starting to get expensive, lol.

·
Registered
170 Posts
VIR said:
Charger at Carspyshots.net posted these pics from the Feb 06 Motor Trend. I hope it looks better in person.

http://carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=17825&page=2
Wow, I like it. It looks a lot better than some of the pics I've seen lately showing a stretched 300C. This is more like it. Take the Rolls look and go mainstream. If the rear opening doors make it to production it looks like Caddy will be losing huge market share to DCX. I like the wood trim too. This is a nice ride!

·
Registered
231 Posts
looks alot like the phantom

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hope that they go with suicide doors, mostly because I keep hoping that Ford will wake up and build a re-issued '62 Lincoln Continental. We need DCX to get as close as possible to wake Ford up! :)

The part that I find most interesting about the doors on the Imperial, though, is that the back door ends above the rear wheel. This doesn't leave much surface area for hinges and, IMO, looks goofy when opened. The doors end before the rear wheels on the Phantom and on the 60's Lincolns.

Ford.... please! :)

-Christian

·
Registered
750 Posts
It has quite a few Rolls/Bentley styling cribs.

Slab grille of Rolls proportions

Bentley Continental GT Bodyline over the rear wheel

Bentley Continental Flying Spur trunk proportions - in the visible side view

Rolls wheel design knock-off

4 HIDs by the look of it

Looks like a winner to me - dependant on supplied drivetrain (6.1 engineered with MDS producing 390/390 HP and torque would fit the bill for coroprately correct power, with a lean towards PC economy)

Zilla

·
Registered
396 Posts
factory suicide doors would be cool, I think the back could use a little better styling, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to see that in person - I vote for the factory suicide doors too... I love the look of it though. I think chrysler has found a nitch

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't like it. The 300 has style, with visual cues from Chrysler's own heritage. The Imperial just apes the Phantom. It's as tacky in its own way as an Excalibur.

Best way to fix it is to soften the upright grille and lengthen the trunk, to tone down the bustle-back look. The suicide doors and roofline are both great.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Jazzhead said:
I don't like it. The 300 has style, with visual cues from Chrysler's own heritage. The Imperial just apes the Phantom.

I tend to agree; although it doesn't look like the Phantom so much as it looks like that 300C with a Fake Phantom body kit that was posted on here a while back.

They hit a home run with the totally original styling of the 300C, with all the proportions just right in my opinion. The Imperial doesn't look BAD to me but it just looks like they took a 300 and just added some gingerbread and styling cues (grill and the 'swoop' over the rear wheels) that don't really fit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i agree with what youre saying jazzhead and kevin.....but lets be realistic about this, we all drive what is known as a "baby bently". as much as we all like to tell ourselves that we drive a chrysler, and a unique one at that (im damn proud of it), i still hear on a daily basis that we are driving the wanna-be, or poor mans version of a bently. thats just what society has stereotyped our cars as, and theres not much we can do about it as this point.....although ill defend chrysler to the grave.

granted, the imperial might be a "knock off" of a phantom.....we've come all this way, and fallen in love with our cars, why not step it up a knotch and get something a lil more luxurious and flashy. i personally would change alot of things on the imperial pictured, but then again id change alot of thing on my 300. if indeed this car does hit production, and even resembles anything like the one pictured, like i said i will be the first in line to place an order. call it ugly or whatever, but i guarentee once this car hits the street it will too demand the respect that our 300s have come to. im all for it, so bring the criticism folks.....im standing by my opinion!

...oh, and one fact still remains the same, regardless if you like this car or not, were still not driving riced out imports, or paying for overpriced 'luxury' cars. amen to chrysler, their taking a big risk on this car, and im willing to take the same risk myself.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Looks like Chrysler has made the perfect car to be cast as 'Black Beauty" in the upcoming "Green Hornet" film with Jet Li as Kato. 2004 rumor had the 300C getting the role. The TV car was a 1966 Chrysler Imperial.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Concept VS Reality

Here's how the 300C "originally" looked when it came out as the Nassau in the year 2000. Clearly, much is the same, but then again - important changes were made. Look for alot of the Phantom touches in the Imperial to remain, but mark (Mark III) my words, that front end will change - big time! :wink1:
That, plus a V-10 option - yaah!!!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 60 Posts