Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is 3 am and I can't sleep. :confused: Was it the dinner last night - don't think so. Too much on my mind - maybe. Can't wait to get up and get back in the cockpit of the SRT - good chance.

I am quite surprised on how excited I am about driving this "family car". I am a car fanatic and have a large collection including Vipers, Prowlers, Ram SRT10, MB CLK55, to name a few. So how am I excited about driving this car? I don't have an answer.

I get up at daybreak to see a dusting of snow had fallen overnight. Arghhhh. Not happy about that as I am realizing it will probably be a slow drive into work and there won't be any bombing with the SRT.

The boys get up and they too are thrilled with the car and bomb outside to see it (I didn't get it home till late the night before). Boys thrilled with a family car????? They are usually talking Vipers, Porsches, Lambos, etc. This car certainly has wide appeal.

Before I take off for the commute, I figured I would snag you guys a few more pics so that you too can have a few sleepless nights waiting for your baby to arrive. :D

Now for the drive. I jump into the seats that hug you quite nicely. The seats remind me of the seats in my Viper. It's a little chilly so the heated seats get turned on. The key goes in and vrooommmm. A quiet but deep throttle sound comes out the chromed dual exhaust.

I take off down the street - boy this is a nice drive. Big roomy luxurious car with great pickup and a nice - but firm - suspension. As I get to the first stop, I touch the brake pedal that quickly engages the giant brembo's and the car is immediately at a standstill. The only problem with these awesome brakes is that you know the guys behind you don't have a prayer of stopping as fast as you.

I turned the radio on and the crisp clear sound surrounds me. I was very impressed as I was expecting less based on other comments posted here. Push another button and the GPS map takes over the center console screen.

As I work my way through the traffic I am thoroughly impressed on the handling moving from lane to lane and in and out of traffic. As I pass a truck, I finally see a wide opening - here is my chance. I do resist the temptation to put the pedal to the metal, but the little extra pressure I assert sends the car flying down the highway. Whoo ahhhh!!! What a blast.

Unfortunately I make it into the office quicker than I want (which never happens). The car is now parked entertaining passer-bys. Let's hope they keep the finger off. Look but don't touch.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
thank you thank you

I couldn't sleep last night thinking about what your next post would say. You did not dissapoint. Cannot wait....I like you have enjoyed many nice vehicles, including my current 745Li (which is incredible), but for some reason my anticipation for this one is unreal. Again, thank you so much for sharing the experience and the pics....

·
Registered
426 Posts
You are a good man, feeding us those tangible and intangible nuggets that allow us to live vicariously through you.

Hhhmmm, I wonder who's posts on this forum will be the most followed over the next days to weeks . . . . :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Keep it comming

There is something about this car. I can hardly wait!
Keep the comments comming we are all living through you.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I know this is uspposed to be a more sporty performance car, but I really wish is had some of the classy wood and chrome accents of the C. If that were the case, I may have been tempted to trade up to an SRT.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I hear ya,,but..

the 300C is awesome, excactly as it is. The SRT8 is a different kind of awesome ...but I am so glad it does not have the chrome and wood. I like that stuff, and almost bought the C...but I am really glad this one is different

·
Registered
679 Posts
that may be the best one yet. I really like this car's lines...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Congratulations!!!! Your posts have got me so excited, it's just nice to see after thinking and talking about this car for so long, that it's real and it's out there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Same goes here. It's like a dream come true. I have to admit that we all are happy for you but at the same time very jealous. I'm not going to lie, but i got really upset and angry when i saw the pictures of your car (in a good way though). I guess theirs a little hater in all of us. But truthfully speaking, I'm really curious on how the exhaust sounds. According to Motor Trend, or it could of been Automobile magazine, stated that the car sounds like a 4 door Corvette. Is that really true? I hope so.

SOUNDCLIP IF POSSIBLE...................................

·
Registered
824 Posts
Drooling!!!

Very nice interior. Thanks for the pics. I want to race one off a 50 roll on and see how much faster it is then the 300C.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NICE!!! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Noise comfort

So, how is the noise comfort of the vehicle? Is it noisier than the 300C? Any negatives?

·
Registered
1 Posts
300c Srt8

I'am wondering where all you guys bought and ordered your SRT 8 and when you will be getting them Please tell me the location of where you got it and dealer name. Thankyou please reply

·
Registered
288 Posts
Suspension

I'm also curious how you like the suspension? Is it a comfortable cruising car?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Greddy,

I see that you just joined the forum today so here's a peice of advice: Just take a day to skim through all threads and do a "search" through the forums and you'll get most of your questions answered. Thats exactly what I did and it helped out allot.
As far as where we all got our cars ordered?? Call you local Chrysler dealer.... email several dealers within your area....only SRT certified dealers will be allocated SRT8's also.

Good luck!!

JC

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just got off the phone from the call center in Tennessee and they said my car is on the production line right now or rather in her words: You have moved over to the next column on her screen and column after that is ship.
YES YES YES YES.

CONGRATS TO THE NORTH49GUY

2006 Silver SRT8 loaded.

amant

·
Banned
2,725 Posts
amant said:
Just got off the phone from the call center in Tennessee and they said my car is on the production line right now or rather in her words: You have moved over to the next column on her screen and column after that is ship.
YES YES YES YES.

CONGRATS TO THE NORTH49GUY

2006 Silver SRT8 loaded.

amant
I'm assuming a typo in this post? Did you mean a 2005 SRT-8? If you were told a 2006 SRT-8 is on its way soon, you have been badly misled. 2006 Production won't even start until March 29, and apparently no SRT-8's will be built in April. Earliest possible build date is May for an 06, so don't expect it before June 1. (A little earlier if one is lucky perhaps).

ON SECOND THOUGHT - A CLARIFICATION:
The helpline will tell you your car is "in production" or "on the production line" when your status hits "D." However, it can take four to six weeks to go from "D" to actual physically moving down an assembly line. So maybe you have an '06 in status "D" but don't be dissappointed if it takes 8-12 more weeks to see your car.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts