Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked mine over the weekend and it needs to be replaced. Pretty sure after 5 years that it's the factory filter. Any recommendations on which to replace it with? I saw a Fram and a Bosch on amazon that would work.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Either one will work, I used the purulator ones just cause that's what my auto stores carry. There isn't some magic snake oil in cabin filters.

·
Registered
101 Posts
At least over here, we have two different type of filter available.
One is a regular paper filter and the other is one with activated charcoal in it.
The charcoal one removes also odors.

·
Premium Member
4,956 Posts
Get charcoal activated filter, its only a few dollars extra. Will help remove odour, looks abit like this. The top one is a new filter :yup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked mine over the weekend and it needs to be replaced. Pretty sure after 5 years that it's the factory filter. Any recommendations on which to replace it with? I saw a Fram and a Bosch on amazon that would work.
Hi,
I am the tech manager at FRAM. Did you know that the FRAM CAF has a QR code on the back you can scan with your smartphone, it takes you to a step by step installation video. It also has both carbon and Arm and Hammer baking soda in it to absorb odors.:You_Rock_

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Hi motorking,

We have noticed that you have declared that you are employed by FRAM and you have mentioned FRAM products in virtually all of your posts.

At present, FRAM are not a Supporting Vendor here. Our Supporting Vendors pay the bills to keep this forum up on the next.

We have very specific rules here about promoting commercial products. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with these Rules:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ch...ws/12016-forum-rules-read-before-posting.html

You are very welcome to participate in any discussions here. And you can even talk about your CTS-V. But you cannot give the appearance of promoting your employers' products, unless they become a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I decided upon going with Fram for a few different reasons.

It was less than $20.00
Free 2 days shipping on Amazon Prime.
Have always trusted their products with other vehicles.

If I remember I will try to take some before and after pics with the new and old filter side by side.

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cabin Air filter lasted a year... melted at a car show over the weekend and could smell it melting... #Whoops. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts