Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be neat to incorporate PC into a car.

I found a website where one can buy the entire setup in very compact form.

Car Computer Systems

I was also looking for a way use MyGIG touch screen for input instead of buying a separate screen which would require extra space and the setup will not be looking neat enough. I understand all these screen are using USB interface. Would it be possible to get somewhere interface to channel MyGiG screen input to USB for further connection to the computers? Can Lockpick be used for this in any way?

·
Registered
110 Posts
What install notes? This is a custom build setup. The housing for the screen is also custom made for straight bolt in. I have internet in the car,HD Radio, play DVD's, navigation system, weather info, gas price finder, tire pressure monitor and so on. Check out Mp3car.com and look into the forums. Tons of info.

·
Registered
522 Posts
carputers are lame. They are a pain to install correctly, cost too much money, and then 2 months later your carputer is outdated.

·
Registered
668 Posts
???

carputers are lame. They are a pain to install correctly, cost too much money, and then 2 months later your carputer is outdated.
Actually a carputer has endless functionalities and potential, just like MGD said and even more ! To me as long as it does the job I don't care whether it get outdated or not, plus the carputer is customizable, so you can add any additional part you like :cool: I have installed mine, and am enjoying it :fing02:

BTW it's much cheaper than any other commercial brands (kenwood, alpine ...etc) ... In fact you can't compare these items, because these are built for specific purpose (GPS, Music, Bluetooth, DVD) unlike the carputer - Anyway it's a personal preference :biggrin:

·
Registered
522 Posts
ya, I get what you are saying.... It's just that on a few car audio forums I watch , there seems to always be problems with carputers and they just seem to have an air of overall crappiness. But if yours is sweet I believe it. I am sure not all of them suck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, you have a 2005 300C. Isn't that outdated also? I have mine installed 2 years ago and have had not one problem with it. All depends how you setup your system. I have an Automotive power supply and set the system for STANDBY. Turn the car off, computer goes into standby, turn the car on, computeris up in 2 sec. Here are two screen shots from my traffic update. One normal and one zoomed in, just to show you what a carPC is capable of.
:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
ya, I get what you are saying.... It's just that on a few car audio forums I watch , there seems to always be problems with carputers and they just seem to have an air of overall crappiness. But if yours is sweet I believe it. I am sure not all of them suck.
Problems is a sure thing ! I'm having some electrical power issues(my fault actually), but am very satisfied with the outcome :fing02: I installed a couple of software and I went WOW with the result (especially Google Earth :biggrin:)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sweet! I will be reading the entire thread. Flexibility is amazing thing.

I just wish it was possible to use the original MyGig touchscreen and/or steering controls. Auto makers should open interfaces to program steering buttons, joysticks, touch screens with a few profiles to accept input for such devices.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......Will have to do this in my next car? Is it difficult to do yourself? How much to do it yourself? How much to have it installed professionally?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts