Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off I am a new member to the forums, my name is James and I am 20 y/o. I am also married to my wife Chrisy who is 23 and we have a 1 y/o daughter. Anyways on 12/31/04 we went into a local Chrysler dealer and purchased a new 300. At that time we were going to finance through GMAC because thats who we have gone through with all of our other cars. Well we took the car home that night. I had to clean the cars myself (the sales lady said they didnt have time) and I aslo had to put the gas in it. Thats really no big deal because I am not lazy its just wasnt what I was expecting. So a week later the finance lady calls and said GMAC cant do the loan for a new Chrysler it would have to be used, ok so my wife and I decide to go through Chrysler. So she tells us it will now be $5000 we are putting down instead of the $4000 because we get an extra $1000 for going through Chrysler. This was on January 7/8 that she told us this. So the next week I call her and tell her I need the title so I can go register the car with the DMV and get real plates for it. So she tells me to come in on 1/19 to sign the new papers and I can have everything then. Well I go in to do this and the sales lady is like we lost them here sign these blank ones and we will fill them out and mail them to you. Well my dumbass signed the blank ones and she also to sign my wifes name while she turned her head, so I did that to. Well 1/30 rolls around I still do not have the stuff to register my car, so again we call and she told us they lost our paper work again, to come back in and get another temporary tag. So by this time I was getting very upset at the way they have been treating us. So my wife goes in to get our 2nd temp tag (which is illegal here in Missouri), so I put that in the car so I can continue to drive it to work. Well my wife called Chrysler on 2/4 or around then and they said they do not have any paper work or even know who we are. Well after that I tried contacting the Chrysler dealer and find out what the hell is going on, and everytime I ask for April(the finance lady) the damn sales lady answers all of her calls, and will not let us talk to April. So yesterday 2/8 we called again to find out where our paper work was because we got a bill in the mail saying we owe Chrysler $434 by 2/14. So I told Glendale the Chrysler dealer that I am not paying this until I have the final paper work. Well this is when it got good, Debbie the sales lady would not let us speak to anyone else in fear of her job for what she has done, so my wife called and asked for the manager and told him whats going on. Well while she was doing that I contacted the Missouri Attourney General and filed a complaint along with the BBB. Now we have them in a bind for all the illegal things they have done and they are wanting to settle by making our first payment. Which I still dont have the paper work, also we gave them $3000 cash to put down and Chrysler has no records saying we did. We are not trying to get rich of this we just want whats fair to us and this mess to be fixed asap, I felt taken advantage of because of my age which I do beleive they have done. So if anyone can help and point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks James

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Sounds like to me ,that you are already on the right track.
Give the Manager a little time to hopefully settle this.like a day or so.
Then call,make an appointment with the Manager,and see him/her in person.
I had a similar problem with my dealer,did all the talking,got all the run around,
I even wrote Chrysler about the problem,( their stand on dealership problems is not corporate problems,handle at dealer level.
After 3 months,my problem was resolved to my liking.
Wish you luck.
Stan

·
Registered
375 Posts
I would only give the Gen.Mgr a day, and I would find the Regional Managers phone and call him. "Not having time" to clean/detail your BRAND new car? Not filling it with gas? C'mon now...Sounds like NO STAR service to me. They shouldn't be treating you this way - so don't allow them to. Your on the right track, just don't let up until you get taken care of.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Good Luck

Good Luck
I hope everything works out. What ever you do dont't give the car back. You have the leverage since you have the car. Sounds like you got it under control so relax and it will work out. Then you can join the rest of us midwesterns this yrs when we meet.
Good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update:

I called the the GM and told him how I felt once again about the whole thing, and he asked when my temp tag I have on there now expires so I told him 2/28. So he said come back in on the first of March and they will give me my third one. So I said well I need to talk to someone who is going to help me not jerk me around like this and left it at that. Well when I got off the phone I called local media company. It is Fox 2 here in St.Louis, well they have a thing called contact 2 call for action. So I called and told the lady told her whats going on and she took the case. She is going to call the GM and if she cant get in touch with him she is going to go down there.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Welcome Jamesw, and hang in there. My dealership lost my title paperwork as well and never filed it with DMV. My personalized plates arrived at DMV 13 weeks later and I could't pick them up until I had the originals... once I discovered this, I had their DMV filer go in person to finalize my paperwork and FedEx the paperwork and plates to me. If this is the only dealership you have in your area and you have to go there for service as well, you may not want to rile them up too much.... As long as you have your temp. registration you're covered so try to relax and enjoy the drive!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update 2:

I contacted the owner of the company and gave him a good piece of my mind, anyways the out come is this. I put $3000 cash down and they are refunding $1500 of it, make my first car payment, and if I call a week in advance I can take my car in for a full detail for free. However its not what I was wanting because we still do not have the mess taken care of. I go in tonight for a meeting with the owner and GM. Thanks everyone for all your help I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I let the thread die, anyways I got $1500 of my $3000 cash deposit refunded, and they made my first payment for me. They are also paying the late fees for not getting the car registring with in the first 30 days. Actually I just got all the paper work on Saturday 3/5/05.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts