19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cruise Indicator it's the one thing I wish they would of put in the driver
information cluster, when in use of course
:blackeye:

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Yeah, I commented to my wife when we were on a trip that it was strange there was no indication when cruise was active.

I read in a local magazine roadtest where they had a swipe at the "hard to see" cruise control light on the stalk. When I tried to defend the 300C having the set up it does and that is doesn't really matter she was quick to point out my bias. Whoops :(

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
HEMIBYU said:
Cruise Indicator it's the one thing I wish they would of put in the driver
information cluster, when in use course
:blackeye:
I miss that too. I don't know why. The little yellow light on the stalk tells you the cruise system is on but another one would remind you that it is activated and that you may need to tap the brakes to slow down for slower traffic or turns.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I may be mistaken, but don't we have a little speedometer icon displayed when the cruise is engaged? I have not used it too often, but I'm almost certain I get a little lighted icon when I set the speed on my cruise. The LED on the stalk activates when I turn on cruise. The icon lights when I set a speed.

Can anyone confirm? I'll check tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Bus Rydr, (BTW I like your handle :fing02:), definitely no Icon on my 300C. If you have one I want one too.:15:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have an icon to the bottom left of my speedometer that indicates when the cruise control is on.

Just used it tonight.......

BB42

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, you guys gave me a reason to go ride around the block (like I really needed a reason to drive C)

I was only partially correct. When I turn on Cruise, I get the amber LED on the stalk and a green icon of a speedometer on the left side of the instrumentation cluster. Also "Cruise On" is displayed for a few seconds in the EVIC. When I set the speed, "Crusie Set" is displayed for a few seconds. While Cruise is on, the only display (speed set or just on) is the amder LED on the stalk and the green icon.

Now that I look at it, it would have been nice to have the icon display only when a speed is set or keep the "Cruise Set" displayed while the speed is set.

But, we do have the option to set cruise.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Bus Rydr, (BTW I like your handle :fing02:), definitely no Icon on my 300C. If you have one I want one too.:15:
This is the Bus that I ride (Suzuki HayaBUSa.. The Hemi of motorcycles)

·
Registered
268 Posts
hmmm

Bus Rydr said:
Okay, you guys gave me a reason to go ride around the block (like I really needed a reason to drive C)

I was only partially correct. When I turn on Cruise, I get the amber LED on the stalk and a green icon of a speedometer on the left side of the instrumentation cluster. Also "Cruise On" is displayed for a few seconds in the EVIC. When I set the speed, "Crusie Set" is displayed for a few seconds. While Cruise is on, the only display (speed set or just on) is the amder LED on the stalk and the green icon.

Now that I look at it, it would have been nice to have the icon display only when a speed is set or keep the "Cruise Set" displayed while the speed is set.

But, we do have the option to set cruise.....
This feature must be in the later 2006 300s. Mine was built april 2005 and definitely has no icon or anything else to show me that cruise is being engaged.

Jaydee

·
Registered
917 Posts
Not on Mine

jaydee said:
This feature must be in the later 2006 300s. Mine was built april 2005 and definitely has no icon or anything else to show me that cruise is being engaged.

Jaydee
It is not on mine either. There is no icon shown in the owners manual either. Bob.

Mine was built in 6/05. Can the icon be added by Starscan at the dealer or is it a hardware issue? I'd sure like it. The yellow light on the stalk is really hard to see behind the wheel. Bob.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
6/04 build, no icon here. Often it's these little things like the Aux. audio jack, better tires, etc. that show up on the next year's model. One reason to wait until the second year to purchase which is what I'll do with my Challenger/Camaro decision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
II kings 9:20 said:
6/04 build, no icon here. Often it's these little things like the Aux. audio jack, better tires, etc. that show up on the next year's model. One reason to wait until the second year to purchase which is what I'll do with my Challenger/Camaro decision.
:yell: CALLING Starscan experts :33:

·
Registered
268 Posts
wait a minute

Okay so today I went over the icons again- right next to the gas icon, on the left side is something that I can vaguely see as a circular icon with radial graduations on it though I cant make out if there is one longer arm on one of the radial spokes... This light does NOT (on edit)come on in self test mode. Wish someone would take up the challenge and see if this is starscan enable-able if the icon is present..

Jaydee

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
jaydee said:
Okay so today I went over the icons again- right next to the gas icon, on the left side is something that I can vaguely see as a circular icon with radial graduations on it though I cant make out if there is one longer arm on one of the radial spokes... This light does come on in self test mode. Wish someone would take up the challenge and see if this is starscan enable-able if the icon is present..

Jaydee
I'll check it next opportunity.

·
Registered
917 Posts
jaydee said:
Okay so today I went over the icons again- right next to the gas icon, on the left side is something that I can vaguely see as a circular icon with radial graduations on it though I cant make out if there is one longer arm on one of the radial spokes... This light does NOT (on edit)come on in self test mode. Wish someone would take up the challenge and see if this is starscan enable-able if the icon is present..

Jaydee
I sure hope someone can solve the mystery soon. I called my Service manager and he is still trying to find out from his technical contact at DCX. Bob.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
BobF said:
I sure hope someone can solve the mystery soon...
I'll have a starscan on mine by Tuesday. If it can be enabled on an '05 and the early '06s we'll all know soon.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Meister said:
I'll have a starscan on mine by Tuesday. If it can be enabled on an '05 and the early '06s we'll all know soon.
I for one will be anxiously awaiting your information. It sounds like it may be a hardware issue with the cluster configuration and not just a software issue. Regards, Bob.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Meister said:
And while you're looking, see if you can keep the "Cruise Set" display in the EVIC on constant as long as the cruise speed is actually set. Currently, it displays only for a few seconds, then reverts back to displaying the trip reading.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Bus Rydr said:
And while you're looking, see if you can keep the "Cruise Set" display in the EVIC on constant as long as the cruise speed is actually set. Currently, it displays only for a few seconds, then reverts back to displaying the trip reading.
If we can get the instrument panel light to illuminate like the later '06s do this would be overkill, IMO.

Will ask the question, tho'.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts