Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Infared Color Backup Camera Installed*

Color during the day, switches to black and white at night with infared LED's. Custom built to fit in the middle of the Chrylser emblem. Take a look.



-NIGHT SHOT-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Wow !

That is so KOOL !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
300C4ME said:
Most impressive. Give us some details.

It took my guy about 6 hours total. He made a perfect cut with a dremmel, he was very careful because the gold leaf in the emblem is very fragile, it peels easy. Could of been done quicker but he loves his Miller Lite's. He's done all the work on my car's since I started driving, he's a genius. He's also the builder of the camera, if anyones interested in one PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Very Kewl

300C on 22's that's very kewl, so anoth monitor is installed or can it show through the Navi Screen, just wondering! Again that is kewl! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Very cool! Great way to mount the camera...never seen it before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
Gotta say I love it!! I have the same Alpine headunit in My Navigator. That is by far the nicest intall I have seen on a rear camera. I may just keep my rear wings afterall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angi300C said:
300C on 22's that's very kewl, so anoth monitor is installed or can it show through the Navi Screen, just wondering! Again that is kewl! :)
Thanks Angi. I'm not sure if it can show in the NAVI screen? If you have it converted to watch TV or a movie I'm sure you could.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
That's really neet! I'd love one with just a few additions; 300C ON 22'S, can your guy do this for me??

I don't care for the flip-up screen, I'd like it to be in a 'drawer', like a CD player, that pops out when powered up and hides away when off.

... and I'd like a zoom & scan feature for spotting Smokey's

... and a laser feature that I can use on the jerk behind me with his brights on

... and a snapshot feature for taking pics of the crybaby driver of the 350Z I just smoked for Northern Rider

... um, er, well, that's good enough for now I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
HEMEEE said:
... and I'd like a zoom & scan feature for spotting Smokey's

... and a laser feature that I can use on the jerk behind me with his brights on

... and a snapshot feature for taking pics of the crybaby driver of the 350Z I just smoked for Northern Rider

... um, er, well, that's good enough for now I guess.
I would replace the laser with a very bright strobe array. Add a little smoke and he will back off quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
HEMEEE said:
That's really neet! I'd love one with just a few additions; 300C ON 22'S, can your guy do this for me??

I don't care for the flip-up screen, I'd like it to be in a 'drawer', like a CD player, that pops out when powered up and hides away when off.

... and I'd like a zoom & scan feature for spotting Smokey's

... and a laser feature that I can use on the jerk behind me with his brights on

... and a snapshot feature for taking pics of the crybaby driver of the 350Z I just smoked for Northern Rider

... um, er, well, that's good enough for now I guess.


HEMEEE, Good idea. If he could do that I would have it. I'm gonna do a couple hidden camera's inside with audio and a time lapse VCR pretty soon for personal reasons- HINT Chicago Cops
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
slick

300C...very nice... my buddy has one just like it in his Armada...but your camera is done very creatively (and most abitiously too!!!).

You are just raising that bar more & more, huh?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
That is verry hot
does your c have the navigation? or was the moniter installed without navi ?

the reason I asked is my boy over at unique auto installed his tied into the navi screen but it took reprograming the module and disc it was expensive!
-the camera mount you installed is verry tight.

2005
300c silver
fully loaded all avail options
22" chrome ti's wrapped in pirrelli pzero
body mods
srt8 rear spoiler
srt8 front lip spoiler and rear valence
skunk works k&n breather kit
chrome vertical billet grille

-future mods
may install t.v's ? dont know if i like the look on my 300c

already have too many tv's in my 05 silver range rover
with 24" chrome davinci blade
2 tv's in head rests and one in dash

and my 2004 silver chrysler awd pacifica on 20" chrome lowenheart
fully loaded with 15" lcd moniter (wife's truck)

2005 300c silver
2004 chrysler pacifica
2005 range rover
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
side track

got-hemi said:
the reason I asked is my boy over at unique auto installed his tied into the navi screen but it took reprograming the module and disc it was expensive!

I've been watching that new show "Unique Whips" about that shop (Unique Auto) .. man is it poorly produced/shot/& edited! Also it makes them look like a bunch of hacks that just build cheap ass fiberboard boxes and charge "playas" huge piles of $$ for nothing more than slapping rims on. Last night I watched in horror as they drilled out the lug holes on some TIS 5 spokes WITH A HAND DRILL binding up all the time and at odd angles because they wouldn't fit over the bolts on a magnum. Someone might want to tell them it's not a good idea to talk about how much they don't want to work or how they just barely slapped some crap together with bubblegum and tape on TV.. not a very good commercial for something that should technically be driving tons of business their way. I for one would NEVER take my car there after seeing the show!

< /RANT >
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top