Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of urethane plastic are your 300C bumpers made of?

PP (polypropylene), PPO (polyphenylene oxide), TPE (thermoplastic elastomer), PUR (polyurethane plastic rigid) or TPUR (thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer)

I need to make some modifications on my bumper and need to know what type of urethane fillers I can use and if I can use heat to reshape it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
to be honest i think/feel that this modding of your grip fascia might screw it up....but then again it might get screwed up as well if you try driving with it and hit a big bump :worried:

wanna trade for mines instead?? :)

as for material...i have no idea what mines is made out of but all i know its oem...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to be honest i think/feel that this modding of your grip fascia might screw it up
Thanks for the vote of confidence buddy!

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Don't forget to trow in TPO

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
It's an: Elastomeric Polyurethane. Perhaps one of the last two? There are many different flavors of urethane. I would not recommend filling it, but perhaps that will help you narrow it down!

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
It's an: Elastomeric Polyurethane. Perhaps one of the last two? There are many different flavors of urethane. I would not recommend filling it, but perhaps that will help you narrow it down!
he already cut and sliced it and put it back together! lol :scared:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yep, all done. Used Lord Fusor (FUS147) Structural Urethane Installation Adhesive. About $55.00 for a 10 ounce tube dispenser. Took 2 tube packs. Also you need to use a special mixing applicatior gun which was another seventy bucks. But it turned out GREAT! The bottom lip where I cut, shortened and put it back together is still as flexy as before. I now have room to drop the my SRT8 without dragging the bumper!

Before mods

Here is a shot of the front end glued and riveted together

Here it is after final prep and painting

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
you do realize that your one of the first to actually cut a grip bumper and then put it back together and mod it so it doesnt sit so low? lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you do realize that your one of the first to actually cut a grip bumper and then put it back together and mod it so it doesnt sit so low? lol
So what do I win? A free chrome grip grille? :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
So what do I win? A free chrome grip grille? :wink:
haha that would be cool but if they were really interested in this modded grip fascia you have i bet it would be of best interest on their part that way the grip fascias they would sell wouldnt sit so low to the point of danger and of scraping off! lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts