Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked to a million people about putting nitrous on the C, and for the longest time nobody knew anything. but i have talked to the tech guys from nos and the guys from jegs the said you can run 100 shot safetly and 125 at the track if you wanted to but they said i wouldnt put more than that on it. This is a wet system. all i have heard about the dry systems is that they are unsafe as hell. this kit number is 741-05131 its about 550.00
I am ordering mine on sat that along with many other things everybody it puting wheels on theres i saved the money to by the wheels and changed my mind so i have decided to make it fast. yes i know what if it blows up. then you take everything off and take it to the dealership trust me i have done with previous cars it really depends on the dealership.

so saturday i am buying
nitrous kit,purge kit,remote bottle opener
K and N typhoon intake kit
eibach lowering springs
and a set of BfG kdw-2 245-45-18

and it is snowing now so the track is not open but i will let you know
you guys have any questions let me know

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Let us know how long your tranny lasts.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Why is everyone so concerned about the tranny? Time will tell - But not having an "american" designed trans in this car is a big reason I was sold on it. My money is on the tranny (hopefully not IN the tranny!!) lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
who cares about the tranny,benz design is what made this car tight and the magnum and there is also 7/70 i wont own this car 70 thous anyways

·
Registered
232 Posts
Vanillapimp300c said:
I have talked to a million people about putting nitrous on the C, and for the longest time nobody knew anything. but i have talked to the tech guys from nos and the guys from jegs the said you can run 100 shot safetly and 125 at the track if you wanted to but they said i wouldnt put more than that on it. This is a wet system. all i have heard about the dry systems is that they are unsafe as hell. this kit number is 741-05131 its about 550.00
I am ordering mine on sat that along with many other things everybody it puting wheels on theres i saved the money to by the wheels and changed my mind so i have decided to make it fast. yes i know what if it blows up. then you take everything off and take it to the dealership trust me i have done with previous cars it really depends on the dealership.

so saturday i am buying
nitrous kit,purge kit,remote bottle opener
K and N typhoon intake kit
eibach lowering springs
and a set of BfG kdw-2 245-45-18

and it is snowing now so the track is not open but i will let you know
you guys have any questions let me know

Trend setter, voyager, explorer or crazy

I will be following this post carefully. If you can, take plenty of picks, I have been waiting for a brave individual such as your self to try a 300c nitrous set up.

A properly set up and maintained nitrous system is no more dangerous than a turbo or supercharger. I’m sure the other more experienced gear heads in here can explain what is involved in a good nitrous setup, larger fuel pump, WOT switch, bottle warmer…. The list goes on.

I am looking forward to your posts and pictures.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Vanillapimp300c said:
who cares about the tranny,benz design is what made this car tight and the magnum and there is also 7/70 i wont own this car 70 thous anyways
The design limit for torque on this transmission is 428 ft.lbs

The 300c @ 390 ft lbs and SRT8 @ 420 ft lbs are inside the design limit

Be adult -- your exceeding the design limit by putting nitrous on - I hope you won't weasel another warranty claim on your transmission if it fails due to Nitrous.

Zilla

·
Registered
232 Posts
Exceeding the transmission limits either by nitrous or a combination of performance parts is a bad idea. How much more torque will a 100 or 120 shot put towards the transmission?

·
Registered
627 Posts
05 300c said:
No updates to this thread? What happend with the nitrous setup?
THE HEMI BLEWUP or THE Tranny waved a GOODBYE. :D :D :p

I think i saw some ones hood fly up in the air.(actually i did on a ford mustang GT). Too much nitrous or Not installed correctly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd put money on it that nothing would happen to a C with a 100shot and proper upgrades. Everybody seems to think n20 is a ticking time bomb. It's no better or worse then a s/c or t/c. You wanna play big you sometimes have to pay big.

·
Registered
887 Posts
300CAWD - the hood flew up probably on a 96 - 98 GT - they use a PLASTIC intake manifold!

99gt is correct a 75 or 100hp shot would probably be fine as would be a 6lb boost blower - Small boost amounts or small shots of juice are generally fine with no tuning. N2O is just a safe as any power adder as long as it's tuned properly.

N20, S/C's, and Turbo's don't kill motors - detonation does!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey guys..
I am installing the NOS next week. The kit came in and is waiting to install. This week the body kit is being installed and the headers are already done!
Sounds mean with the headers!

·
Registered
845 Posts
My question is how come the hemi truck would have no problem with NOS but the 300C would? Isn't it the same motor? There was a posting showing the hemi truck with NOS kicking butt and not blowing up. Tell me if there is a difference between the two motors please.

·
Registered
53 Posts
BBC, if you can, try and get a dyno tune once the n20 kit is installed. It is not necessary but you will see maximum gains with one. Also make sure to go to a colder plug and upgrade the fuel pump or if it's a returnless fuel system make sure you crank the pump up. Now wether the C has a reg pump or a returnless i'm not too sure. But what ever you do just make sure that the engine will recieve more fuel when you spray. AS i mentioned in another thread i also recomend a window and WOT switch. I remember you said something of the sort that one hasn't been made yet or something.... You can check out the MSD web site for more info. I beleive that they are on top of it.

goodluck and happy spraying!

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
dont be so suprised to see a bunch of hurt motors on nos, the kit needs to have controller to be safe, there are quite a few damaged motors on the ram boards .

·
Registered
53 Posts
controller?? most simple n20 kits work on an arming, TPS and window switches. Unless it's something like the Venom n20 kit there are no "controllers".

When installed right and the proper precautions are takin no damge will occur. This isn't the fast and the furious where the welds are gonna blow off the intake. And while we're on the subject of TFATF NOS is a brand name..It's like saying motors will be hurt on NOS and not NX..... NOS is NOS, a brand name that makes n20 kits/systems for petroleum fueled motors.

·
Registered
426 Posts
By the way, since it is not noted with a signature, the post from GSM is from Scott at GS Motorsports . . . the purveyor of the "soon" to be released Paxton SC kit for the 300C/MagnumRT.

. . . just keeping it real.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts