Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 07 300 base. I have a Sony single din head unit on it right now and I was wondering if any of you know where I can find an inline amplifier kit (my best guess as to what it is called). The thing I want it to do is have leads for all the door and rear deck speakers so that I can run them back to the Alpine four channel amp in the back and amplify them without adding additional wiring and without taking apart the doors and read deck. In other words, I'm being lazy and want to use the car's stock wiring to amplify all the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced!:1244:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, the line out converter basically gives you RCA outputs, but my HU already has a pair which I have running to my crossover and then to my sub's amp. The thing I want to do is just find an adapter to tap into the car's speakers with out me having to splice 8 cables in order to amplify them. The other way of amplifying them would be to route cables from the amp in the back to each speaker (do not want to go through that). The amplifier already has signal, per se, I just want to tap the wires that go to the speakers to make my life a whole lot easier.

In other words, the HU wouldn't be powering the speakers at all anymore because I would disconnect the leads coming out of the HU and the amp would power the speakers solely.

*I'm pretty sure that if I did not disconnect the HU from the speakers, the combined power from the Amp and the HU would probably blow the speakers. I also know I would lose the ability to adjust Balance and Fader

:wall:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Probably not really any such thing that would short cut for you, but check Crutchfield.
they have a harness (assuming you have the stock amp) that lets you plug in, but you'd still have to run the other end back to your alpine amp's outputs.

I'm not really understanding, but it sounds like you either would have to mount your alpine upfront somewhere or run speaker wires.

You can run speaker wires from your amp up to your harness where you stock wires are located and connect that way (obviously you'd disconnect them from your radio).

That's how mine is done. My amp is in the trunk, but my speaker wires are run up to the front of the car and connected to the stock leads going toward the speakers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I figured it wouldn't exist since I have been searching with no avail.

But yes I had planned on mounting the Alpine in the back and running the wires to the front since my car doesn't have an amp stock

How do you have your amp connected to the stock speaker leads? Did you just connect them straight to your aftermarket stereo adapter harness? (assuming you don't have the stock stereo)

Thanks for all the btw.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
you can run your wires up front to the radio, given that you don't have an oem amp.
Or you can do the way mine is done. Even when I had the stock radio, my wires were run from the amp in the trunk up to where wires went up toward the dash and into the door.
I have separates and the crossovers were put on each side. The wires run from the amp up to the crossover, which is in the kick panel, and from the crossover to the tweeter where the dash speaker is mounted. The woofer output from the crossover connects to the
speaker wires going into the door. Some people actually run new wires into the door.
It's somewhat of a hassle to do it that way, and I found it more convenient just to connect to the stock wires.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
No loss in sound quality when hi-jacking the stock wires? When I finally get to my install I was planning on running all new speaker wire, but if it's not worth it I'll save the time... and pain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can run your wires up front to the radio, given that you don't have an oem amp.
Or you can do the way mine is done. Even when I had the stock radio, my wires were run from the amp in the trunk up to where wires went up toward the dash and into the door.
I have separates and the crossovers were put on each side. The wires run from the amp up to the crossover, which is in the kick panel, and from the crossover to the tweeter where the dash speaker is mounted. The woofer output from the crossover connects to the
speaker wires going into the door. Some people actually run new wires into the door.
It's somewhat of a hassle to do it that way, and I found it more convenient just to connect to the stock wires.
O Ok, i went searching around town at local audio shops and stuff but i guess the adapter doesn't exist, yet. So what im thinking of doing is making like a type of "Extension". A female oem connector connected with a Male connector. So everything will work with or without it because its basically like an extension cord, per se. Purpose? So i dont have a birds nest behind my HU. Otherwise i would have to connect the leads coming from the amps directly to my HU's adapter, ie birds nest, looking like S$#T.

The way im thinking with my little extension thing, I can tuck that away behind the bezel run the wires to it, without having to move the entire harness of wires every time i need to pull the HU out because my HU's adapter has enough slack to come out.

Did you guys follow what i'm thinking and thanks for all the help :naughty:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
No loss in sound quality when hi-jacking the stock wires? When I finally get to my install I was planning on running all new speaker wire, but if it's not worth it I'll save the time... and pain.

If there is a loss in quality, I can't tell. I only have a short run of stock wires where they go into the doors. I measured the impedence of the speakers and the numbers look appropriate for what I would expect of a polk momo mid. Folks that have listened think my car sounds good. Unfortunately for me, I had an install in the early nineties and every car since then pales n comparison.

I will say that this install is pretty close. The sound stage is up above the dash and the center image is really in the center. It's not as deep as my 1991 install but I've pretty much resigned that I probably won't be able to duplicate the sound again. But hey, that install cost me a lot more time and money.

Reactions: Fisch

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
O Ok, i went searching around town at local audio shops and stuff but i guess the adapter doesn't exist, yet. So what im thinking of doing is making like a type of "Extension". A female oem connector connected with a Male connector. So everything will work with or without it because its basically like an extension cord, per se. Purpose? So i dont have a birds nest behind my HU. Otherwise i would have to connect the leads coming from the amps directly to my HU's adapter, ie birds nest, looking like S$#T.

The way im thinking with my little extension thing, I can tuck that away behind the bezel run the wires to it, without having to move the entire harness of wires every time i need to pull the HU out because my HU's adapter has enough slack to come out.

Did you guys follow what i'm thinking and thanks for all the help :naughty:
Probably overkill. You could do it that way you mentioned , but you could also solder/shrink wrap it your connections, then bundle everything in wire loom to make it look neat. I always did this when I was connecting wiring from the amp to the head unit connector. Most of the time I would connect my wires with the adapter out of the car where I had space to make it neat. Then I'd run the wires to the rear when I installed the adapter. You can take the length of wire for each connection and attach a small label to each (example, which channel, etc) on both ends of the wire. Then you'll know which is which when time to make the connection.

I like your idea though. Maybe you can get those spade terminal barrier strip and mount it somewhere hidden, then run the wires there. You can then pull it for testing or reversing polarity when tuning, etc. I used to do this a lot when I had time to do it. I'd put one in the glove box for all of my speaker connections. That way I could get to it without pulling the radio or amps.

Reactions: Fisch

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
For reference here's a pic of a typical barrier strip I would use. You can find them practically anywhere, like radio shack.

Attachments

Reactions: crazyasamexican

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For reference here's a pic of a typical barrier strip I would use. You can find them practically anywhere, like radio shack.
Thanks for all the help guys. I might go with Cool_V and his idea of the barrier strip. Will post pics if I get around to it this week.

Thanks again!:naughty:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts