Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya hoping someone can help thinking of taking the bumper off my 300 to replace the grill seems this might be the easier route than trying to reach down using an angled screwdriver while pulling on the buper.
Anyway my problem is that at some point in the past a previous owner has removed the plastic fixings that hold the inner plastic wings/splash guards in place but put a mixture back in does anyone know what the proper fixings should be and where I can buy them in the UK

TIA

·
Registered
298 Posts
Heya hoping someone can help thinking of taking the bumper off my 300 to replace the grill seems this might be the easier route than trying to reach down using an angled screwdriver while pulling on the buper.
Anyway my problem is that at some point in the past a previous owner has removed the plastic fixings that hold the inner plastic wings/splash guards in place but put a mixture back in does anyone know what the proper fixings should be and where I can buy them in the UK

TIA
I know the dealership sells them. I bought some from there. They were like 4$ US dollars a piece so kind of pricey.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Any auto parts store should have those fasteners. Amazon would as well.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Any that fit will do the job.
Best to buy off ebay or similar supplier, no need to go to a dealer. Its just a case of selecting the right diameter. You could buy enough to change the lot if you wanted them all to be the same but they are not noticed until you start to work on the car.

I'm sure someone will come up with the right diameter.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
I am in the same boat as the OP . My local dealer wanted £135 for a full set of fixings for the bumper !!!!

·
Administrator
19,737 Posts
try clipsandfasteners.com

the ones I use are the Dorman 961-050 1/4" (6.35mm) diameter Philips head nylon rivets.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys thanks for all the replies, I really want them all the same and easier to remove, I prefer the push rivet type or the screw thread ones shown by Maddog, I guess I will search www for 6 - 6.3mm fasteners.

My local parts store is ok if I wanted 6 different brands of oil or 8 different types of wax but a fastener........ well the choice was non existent not sure how they stay in business, thanks again for the replies

RANT time.....

Those of you in the states have no idea how lucky you are.

There is a limited number of suppliers in the UK that offer good quality at a reasonable price even ebay can be expensive. I have a list of mods I would love to do as long as my arm but not having unlimited funds and the prices in the UK being so high and to import from the US costs so much I will just have to plod along and do a little at a time but I hate to wait.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Guys thanks for all the replies, I really want them all the same and easier to remove, I prefer the push rivet type or the screw thread ones shown by Maddog, I guess I will search www for 6 - 6.3mm fasteners.

My local parts store is ok if I wanted 6 different brands of oil or 8 different types of wax but a fastener........ well the choice was non existent not sure how they stay in business, thanks again for the replies

RANT time.....

Those of you in the states have no idea how lucky you are.

There is a limited number of suppliers in the UK that offer good quality at a reasonable price even ebay can be expensive. I have a list of mods I would love to do as long as my arm but not having unlimited funds and the prices in the UK being so high and to import from the US costs so much I will just have to plod along and do a little at a time but I hate to wait.
If you not in a great rush , I think I may have found a place in Watford ! Will try & pop up this or next week & if they have them & they good can get 2 lots & post them to you . PAT

·
Premium Member
6,753 Posts
1/4" down the arch sides of the bumper but if you need the ones that go along the front bottom of the arch liner into the back edge of the splash shield I think they are 5/16" or 8mm ish :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts