Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, some of you have been following my install I assume. This is the latest part where I make a recessed amp rack in the spare tire well trimming out the Zapco DC650.6 amp. This amp runs the whole system and does it well. It is basically 200x2 for the front (bridging the first 4 channels), and its 500x1 (bridging 2ohm) to the subs for channels 5 and 6. The amp has an on board 10 band eq, crossover, bass boost, time delay for the speakers eliminating the need for additional pieces. There is a PC program you mist use to tune the amp, and a remote digital amp controller I put in the dash.

The front stage is a 3 way set Dynaudio 7", 4", 1.1" with a crossover, and the rear is 2xID10s in the rear deck. The sides of the trunk will be done shortly, hoe tomorrow.

Enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Looking good!!! Thanks for keeping us posted.....

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Glad to see you changed the amplifier mounting location. How much clearance do you have with your Ebrake with your kickpod components in that location?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CLEARANCE? LOL not much... I have a couple inches

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
CLEARANCE? LOL not much... I have a couple inches

I kind of figured that lol but you did it and that's what counts. I know the guys/girls on CA forums have been watching your install especially after the infinite baffle setup you did with the rear deck:fing02:

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
You are really kicking butt on that car!! Nice job and keep posting up. I love seeing all the cool stuff you do. Oh, and I can't wait to hear that system.

Moose

·
Registered
655 Posts
nice job :)

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The front Dynaudio Speakers are for sale! The only set or just the midbass in the doors...

SET 650.00
Doors only $250.00

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
The front Dynaudio Speakers are for sale! The only set or just the midbass in the doors...

SET 650.00
Doors only $250.00
say it aint so......

Did you get horns? and all ID setup?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO, I want the same ones, just a bigger woofer/

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
cool, so it'll be the 8 in dyns.....

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mw 170 or 172

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
OK, now I understand. Your set must have the mw 160s.

Stick with 170s, unless you are replacing the passive crossover.....I think
the 172 is a 2ohm driver.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good info, I didnt not know that

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You know I always check myself. :pat:

The mw 172 is not the 2 ohm version, it's in the new esotec line of car audio speakers from dyn. There is a 2 ohm version, but that isn't it.

The strange think is they use different resistor values for the impedence correction than the mw 170,
so I'd still double check whether your existing 3way crossover could be used.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts