Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forums I have a 2005 chrysler 300c tranny went. I have gotten a built tranny to hold more hp and a 2800 stall converter with 3.55 just installed and the care goes into a limp mode and doesn't like going first gear drive after you stop once your going a bit. Does anyone know anything about the issues I'm having?

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Did you change the gear ratio in the TCM/PCM using a Diablo tool? If not your getting an incorrect ratio code and limping out.

If you did then who built the transmission?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I told the tranny shop they were a 3.55 gears that was in the diff they were installing but didn't tell the guy that actually did the work and at the end of the day went to the shop and he just found out when I told them they were 3.55 gears. I'm gunna call tomorrow and ask them if they programmed it with the 3.55 gears.

I got the tranny off kijiji guy says it was just rebuilt

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
You have to use a Diablo tool like a predator or intune to program the gear ratio in and you'll be in business.. it's dropping into limp mode as the computer thinks you have 2.82 rear gear and is calculating for it, the rear speed sensors are reporting a completely different ratio due to the gears...happens. do yourself a favor and order an intune and get yourself the best bang for the buck mod out there, plus the ability to change your own ratio, delete your own codes and play with everything behind the scenes on that Hemi...

·
Administrator
13,066 Posts
If you don't have a programmer to add 3.55 gears to the PCM, you can contact a dealer for a flash as well.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
If you don't have a programmer to add 3.55 gears to the PCM, you can contact a dealer for a flash as well.
Buuuuut don't go giving him ideas... he REALLY needs a tuner! ;-)

Reactions: rpsundquist

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the info now I need that Diablo tunner what one do I need the sport tunner? Or trinity? And will the tunner actually change the gear ratio bc the tranny place can't do it with there scanner but I just think they have a normal one.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Get an intune by Diablosport, it will change ratios. The trinity will as well and will give you some neat features like 1/4 mile 0-60 etc... If they aren't important to you then the intune will fix you up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey didn't get the message in time and they set me up with a hypertech it did the job but it keeps throwing up a code 1-pcm p0700 and I looked it up something to do with the tcm and I was thinking of taken this hypertech back and get a Diablo you guys sejested instead bc Diablo tuner has a lot more options and maybe this code is be of the hypertech

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Lose the hypertech junk asap bud.... nothing works like a Diablo! The hypertech I had waaaay back when was expensive snake oil!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys I have a problem with the Diablo sport tuner... I load any tune and it throws it into limp mode and no matter what I do I can working again

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Diablo tunner just ****ed up my car so hard and won't install stock tune so I can send back tuner my car won't even turn over right now stupid tuner and takes over 30mins just to talk to someone at Diablo still waiting.

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Ok calm down Captain Chaos... first off, what's it doing? F'd up my car is not something really diagnosed.

You have the BEST tuner for our platform period and Diablo had always put right any issues in my experience including user errors...

Now you have an 05 correct... you may need to do a software update depending on the revision of tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah 2005 Chrysler 300c and my car new doesn't even start at all just turn the key and nothing. The turner won't tune it back to stock keeps saying error and I can adjust any perimeters only thing it lets me do is change the tune can't modify and no tune makes the car start

·
Premium Member
4,515 Posts
Did you unplug the unit or open a door or have any power surges throughout the tuning process?

When you plugged in the unit did you take a stock tune?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the unit got unplugged maybe during one of the tunes or a door might have opened. It has the stock tune in it . It loads the stock tune then upon finishing it says reseting axel and shift points then says error and then says unable to tune back to stock

1 - 20 of 26 Posts