Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is my follow up, my best stock run was a [email protected] with a 2.075 60ft 05 5.7C bone stock.

installed C&L racing true 4inch intake, and Diablo Predator.

first run tonight at english town

ran car right after 45 min drive, Canned 93oct cai tune,mds off, did not enable dyno mode.
[email protected] 2.132 60ft:scared:

i was a lil worried about the minor gain but car was hot and i was asleep:24: at the tree.

next run, 93oct cai tune,mds off,dyno mode on,increased shift point to 6k,increased shift firmness, and also reset trans adaptives, car sat with open hood for 30 mins.
[email protected] 2.062 60ft

:arms:boy was i happy not bad for a 550 dollar investment, ive seen stock srt guys run 13.7,13.5 at the bad driver end of the spectrum and guys with 5.7's with preds,intake,exhaust run 14's.
guess the C&L is a good part havent heard much about it on the forum, but it is in the 4inch club and has a tremendous filter, there shroud could be a lil better made but in cold weather i dont even use it.

SLP pulley, full exhaust are my next mods then a custom tune and suspension all to be paid for over the winter and installed in the spring.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Those are some nice improvements. Congrats on the great runs!

·
Registered
30 Posts
nice runs
thanks for the details
i also use a C&L with predator and its a good combo

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
What tires are you running? I'd like to get my 60's as low as yours to lower my times. My best 60's were about 2.3 seconds. This year I was using the 91 octane CAI tune. Next year I will try the 93 octane CAI tune.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ROBaustin,

i bought the car a month ago and it came with these NOKIAN 235/60/18 all season still had the chalk marks, might be 65 sidewall think its 60 havent looked recently. and to be honest they run good at the track and dont wear for anything ive been wreckless since i did the mods about a month ago,2 trips to etown and ill rotate em this week sometime just to have the better ones at the rear for snow.I dont even play with the tire pressures at the track keep em at about 32psi street or track. and only do a quick burnout not through the liquid either at the track. trick is not to load the car to much or youll spin and get the higher trap. just load it enough to get the suspension to squat a lil and let go of the brake on the third yellow. the more mods/power you have the less squat youll need.

·
Registered
272 Posts
C & L intake??? Never heard of this one. Got any photo's of it you can post? What's the cost/where did you purchase. I've been thinking about swapping out my K&N and was looking at the LMI but would like another option.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C&L Performance
thats theyre link, i paid 550 for intake and pred from maryland speed.
i bought the intake because there site is the most reasonable honest advertisment ive seen for an intake.
they dont claim 30 hp, they dont claim to turn your car into a monster, they make honest claims on the gains. also its a true 4 inch intake so if i ever move up to a 90mm TB its a perfect match. also has a nitrous bung built in to it. biggest filter of all the intakes and highest CFM rating. i saw the k&N at the track friday night on a car with a 90mm arrington throttle body and you can really see how narrow the piping is when you look at where it meets hooks the TB. The C&L is also made of metal not plastic which i like i feel robbed when i pay alot for plastic parts that look like accordian tubing from autozone. and KN always makes these tremendous gains in there ads but has never made anything on anyones dyno.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
C & L intake??? Never heard of this one. Got any photo's of it you can post? What's the cost/where did you purchase. I've been thinking about swapping out my K&N and was looking at the LMI but would like another option.
The c&l is a nice intake, I have been running mine for two years now. What I like about it is that when it's used with the modified stock airbox it creates a nice seal against the hood of the car, blocking a lot of the filter from engine heat. You can see in the pics below where the airbox meets the hood by the outline.

The only thing I don't like about the intake is how hot the metal intake tube gets after long periods of driving. I've heard the arguments that it causes heat soak, and then I have also heard the air getting pulled into the engine is moving so fast it doesn't have a chance to get heat soaked. Who knows. It really wakes up if you remove the air silencer behind the drivers side front fascia.
Removing the stock air silencer. * - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
What tires are you running? I'd like to get my 60's as low as yours to lower my times. My best 60's were about 2.3 seconds. This year I was using the 91 octane CAI tune. Next year I will try the 93 octane CAI tune.
Hey Rob, what PSI were you running in your BF's?? I dropped a few lbs and it made a considerable difference. Nice to see you left the Conti's behind! ;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
The c&l is a nice intake, I have been running mine for two years now. What I like about it is that when it's used with the modified stock airbox it creates a nice seal against the hood of the car, blocking a lot of the filter from engine heat. You can see in the pics below where the airbox meets the hood by the outline.

The only thing I don't like about the intake is how hot the metal intake tube gets after long periods of driving. I've heard the arguments that it causes heat soak, and then I have also heard the air getting pulled into the engine is moving so fast it doesn't have a chance to get heat soaked. Who knows. It really wakes up if you remove the air silencer behind the drivers side front fascia.
Removing the stock air silencer. * - LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It looks good. Do you reuse the stock box for install or was that something you did? I also have heard the arguments about the metal tube and heat soak (which K&N uses as a selling point).

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HEY NWH,

we have the same color C, think you could post a pic of the lower airbox mod so i can better visualize what theyre asking me to cut in the lower box. what grille did you do also im think grip chrome horizontal or color matched horizontal.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Note that the gains for stockers are very small with any CAI, but seem to be even less for SRT8.

You will gain a nice howl, if that's what you want.

Most of the gains posted here are the result of the tune.

Great report!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey srtsteve is that 12.79 with or without your software change?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts