Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fing02:

Let me first say that everything I read regarding the install of these brake pads said it should be about an hour job. Let me tell you after 4 hours :smashfrea , I am very happy with the pads.

So what in the heck took 4 hours you ask?? 3.5 hours of that was spent trying to get the lug nuts off the wheels! I'd like to find the person who last tightened these lug nuts :rocketwho

Granted I don't have air tools at the house, but if I had had a blowout somewhere on the road, I never would have been able to get them loose. 1 freakin lug nut on the rear wheel took me over an hour to remove. I had to finally cut off the plastic cap and get it off that way, ridiculous.

After that it was about 3 minutes per wheel swapping out the pads :fing02:

Then the fun of going out and "bedding" the pads per the instructions on Zeckhausen Racing website.

Love the feel of them, no more squeal, and hopefully no more dusting. Highly recommend these pads.

·
Registered
622 Posts
My posi quiets went in easy. I probably spent about 2 hours doing the pad swap. 1/2 that time was spent cleaning the inside of the wheels from the severe brake dust that had accumulated. I figured that while I had the wheels off I might as well thouroughly clean them.
Then of course I Bedded them as per Zeckhausen. It has been several months and not hardly anybrake dust accumulation. Love em!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Great news and I'll sure you'll be totally impressed with the lack of dust. I've had my Jeep SRT8 a month now and the first thing I did at 43 km's was switch to Posi Quiets. It's the same part numbers for the Jeep as the LX's BTW.

I hope you torqued your lug nuts to 110 ft. lbs.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Sure did! Also cleaned the inside of each wheel while they were off, so that added maybe 5 minutes or so per wheel.
Same here and the cleaning takes longer than the pad replacement!

Bernie

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed mine today too!! It took me no time at all, super easy job! But... that was probably because FreebirdSRT did it for me at the SCLX M & G today :biggrin:! I did watch and learn though.. so maybe by my 3rd, ok 10th set, I can do it on my own... I have to give props to the SCLX guys, they are so helpful and knowledgeable! I can't thank them enough for helping me out today!

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
I installed mine today too!! It took me no time at all, super easy job! But... that was probably because FreebirdSRT did it for me at the SCLX M & G today :biggrin:! I did watch and learn though.. so maybe by my 3rd, ok 10th set, I can do it on my own... I have to give props to the SCLX guys, they are so helpful and knowledgeable! I can't thank them enough for helping me out today!
There Mark goes again! He's such a helpful guy. Someone here had their 15 year old daughter do his brakes a while back. Next time you get to do it!!!

Bernie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok.. you're gonna force me to rise to the challenge.. if a 15 yo can do it, I guess I have no excuse next time! When that day comes, I'll either post my success story, or pics of my beloved wrapped around a tree b/c I couldn't stop :).

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
Ok.. you're gonna force me to rise to the challenge.. if a 15 yo can do it, I guess I have no excuse next time! When that day comes, I'll either post my success story, or pics of my beloved wrapped around a tree b/c I couldn't stop :).
Confidence girl! That's all ya gotta have. Say hi to Mark for me next time you see him.

Bernie

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so it's been a little over 2 weeks with these new pads and I have a couple questions.

My first question is now they appear to be sticking after the car has been parked. Meaning when I back out of my garage and take my foot off the brake, there is a pretty loud noise coming from the fronts that almost sounds like a suction cup being pulled off. Same thing happens after sitting at a red light for a minute or 2.

2nd question is they do not appear to be stopping as well as they did during the first week with them on the car. Under light to moderate braking it seems to take forever to slow down - even from 40 mph and I usually have to really step on them to stop.

Suggestions?? Thanks

·
Administrator
23,441 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is to try bedding the brakes again. I haven't heard of this complaint in the past and have never personally had anything like it on either of my SRT8's. About the only complaint is the "bite" isn't as good as OEM, but most people seem quite happy with these pads.

Could also be the first bedding wasn't sufficient enough to transfer a thin layer of pad material I guess.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I've had my Posi-Quiets on for almost a year and a half now and nearly 13k miles. I would agree the pedal pressure and initial bite seems a little soft, but I've never had any trouble with moderate to hard pressure bringing the speed down promptly. These pads aren't dustless, but the difference between the dust of the OEM pads and these is like night (OEM) and day!

I can't equate with the sticking or backing up noises. I've never had any issues with that. Perhaps a second bedding, as Rambit suggested, may do the trick.

I had the pads changed by my dealer at about 700 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have had mine over a year also, or about 25,000 miles. No doubt, they take a little more peddle pressure and don't stop quite as good as stock pads. But, I have never had a problen stopping except when on a road coures. They did fade then, to the point I just had to back off slightly to mare a full 4 lap run. I did have the sticking problem at first, especially backing out of the garage. That went away after a few thousand miles. All in all I'll never go back to the stock pads.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts