Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed the pull down trunk strap. It works great! Thanks to everyone for this useful mod. The Mopar part came in Black, and it matches the inside trunk liner pretty well. I used a heavier bolt and nut, rather than the screw that came with the strap. Much easier to close the decklid now! :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Where did you put it? Do you have a pic?

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
The new 06 cars will have a cup in the trunk lid to grab to close your trunk. I would like to see this and wonder if it could be applied to the 05 w/o much cost.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeepgrady said:
What was the part number and price for the strap?
Part number I used to order it from parts department at the dealer was SA70DX9aa It was a black plastic Cargo strap. List price $9.60 net $7.20.
It really should have cost maybe a couple of bucks, but you know how parts are at the dealership. I took out the mounting screw that came with it, and drilled the hole a little larger to accomodate a thicker and longer black bolt and nut with lockwasher. Pull out a couple of those christmas tree fasteners that are holding in the trunk carpet insulation on the decklid. It makes it much easier to get your hand inside the decklid to tighten the nut and lockwasher.
Good luck with your installation! It takes about ten minutes! :p

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thank you for your response.

I could have gone to the other post, however, I didn't feel like spending fifteen minutes to get an answer that was readily available from you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
kcrnmale said:
The new 06 cars will have a cup in the trunk lid to grab to close your trunk. I would like to see this and wonder if it could be applied to the 05 w/o much cost.
I have an '06 and don't have a "cup", I gently use the emergency handle which actually works quite well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jroosh said:
I have an '06 and don't have a "cup", I gently use the emergency handle which actually works quite well.
I have an 06 and it does have a cup to grab I'll take a pic and post tomororrow...it is very usefull!!!!:) :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
hmm, only had my SRT8 a day and i've been thinking that its a pain to close the trunk.

i'll check for this "cup" tomorrow..if not, i'll get a strap.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
kcrnmale said:
Not all do...I have an '06 and there's no cup....Trust me, I just looked.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
SRT8PMP said:
hmm, only had my SRT8 a day and i've been thinking that its a pain to close the trunk.

i'll check for this "cup" tomorrow..if not, i'll get a strap.
I just grab the bottom of the foam carpeted area right by the hook underneath the trunk and pull down to close. After you do it a few times its like old hat.

Moose.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't see any easy way to close the trunk without a handle. It is hard to understand why Chrysler did not fix this 2005 defect/oversight and add a handle to the 2006 model. This pic is the handle I installed on my 2005 car. Works perfect.

·
Premium Member
4,071 Posts
joey said:
I don't see any easy way to close the trunk without a handle. It is hard to understand why Chrysler did not fix this 2005 defect/oversight and add a handle to the 2006 model. This pic is the handle I installed on my 2005 car. Works perfect.

Well, not that it's as "purpose-built" as your aftermarket strap, but if you just pull the plastic glow-in-the-dark emergency handle off of it's velcro it works just as good. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
joey said:

I've got a cup / grab slot just about where your strap is attached. '06 built 11/17/05.

·
Registered
231 Posts
can someone post pics of the new 06 cup/grab slot

thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts