Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the dealership will install an OEM sunroof? I just called my local dealer and they said they cannot do it. They said I can buy an aftermarket sunroof from them and have someone else install it, but it will void the body warranty. Anyone have any info on this? thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not believe the dealer could even if they wanted to. A factory sunroof installed on the assembly line is integral to the structure of the body. The roof is engineered to support the factory sunroof without flexing, rattling, leaking or wind noise.

The "hole" actually removes strength from the roof which is compensated for in the engineering design of the vehicle.

After market roofs can be really nice but are actually just a hole cut and the mechanism added. I've always stayed with the factory roofs, once you have one, you always want one.

HTH,
Skip

·
Registered
122 Posts
ink said:
Does anyone know if the dealership will install an OEM sunroof? I just called my local dealer and they said they cannot do it. They said I can buy an aftermarket sunroof from them and have someone else install it, but it will void the body warranty. Anyone have any info on this? thanks
Yo Ink, I just called the service coord. at West Oaks that helped me w/ my SERIOUS sunroof issues. He says that the 3rd-party shop they sent me to - a Chrysler authorized shop - can add a sunroof for you w/o voiding the warranty.

Call him: Jeff Shapiro at West Oaks Chrysler in Thousand Oaks, CA. Phone: 805-371-4917. I know it's a little bit of a drive from Redondo, but it'd be worth it to have get this hooked up, right? Or maybe they can suggest somewhere closer.

And hey, if you do come up, PM me! I'd love to see and hear that Zoomers in person!

-Aaron

·
Registered
30 Posts
OEM Sunroofs

A factory sunroof is installed differently than an aftermarket one. However, having one installed through your dealer ship DOES NOT void the car's warranty. This is a huge misconception that the factories do not want dispelled. Why, follow the money. If you buy a 300 with a factory roof, who makes the profit? The factory. An aftermarket sunroof may cost less than the factory unit and offer more features.

The factory also doesn't want you to know that in many cases the sunroof manufacturer that makes the factory unit also manufactures the aftermarket sunroof!

I've had both in various cars and have had good experiences. My aftermarket roof offered 3 vent settings and auto close when the ignition was turned off. My current sunroof is a factory unit in my Lincoln LS. It has one touch open, but not one touch close or auto close. It was always nice to turn off the car and walk away while the sunroof closed.

·
Registered
842 Posts
man if you let them hack on your roof it will never be the same again!
i would NEVER add an aftermarket sunroof..if you do make sure you've done your home work....herbs :smoker:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts