Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I just bought a sub woofer off of market place I was wondering can any one help me on ways with trying to install it to a stock vehicle I was hoping I could just plug it up and keep it moving

·
Registered
340 Posts
Depending on the year of your 300 and which sound system you've got, it's possible but not likely.

The first step is to see if you have the wiring present. Take a look on the right side where the sub would go, and see if the matching harness is under the trunk liner. If it is, plug it in and see what happens.

If you have the connector, the wiring between there and the amp may not be complete. Even if it is, your amp likely doesn't have the necessary output channel.

If plugging it in doesn't work, you have a couple of options. I don't know what you drive, but let's assume it's an 11-14 300. If so, you can buy a Beats amp from a junkyard or that big auction website, and try swapping it in place of the unit you have. If that works fine for your other speakers but doesn't power the sub, you may have to run a wire from the amp harness under the dash back to the trunk. If you're lucky, your car might have connectors for the rear door speakers and/or the rear shelf sub, giving you the option to install the extra speakers to upgrade your stock setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts